Which one should I chop super short?

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Rounding the first corner @19Mateo83 is ahead but CJR is coming on from the outside.
@19Mateo83 , I might ship this to you in 5 weeks.
View attachment 540557
Looking good! I trust your judgement. Just don’t ship it usps…. I’m still waiting on a package from @Carol 83 that's been lost in the system for over a week now. Damn usps! 😂

Reaction score
Both are good stock so which ever you choose will be great…for what it’s worth I would pick the one with the most compact root arrangement (better for the smaller pot option)

Grunge_Bonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
I’d do ‘em both if I do one. But for me I’d make them chumono and do a double planting.

Edit: I literally just saw you did this exact thing, except as Shohin.

- Grunge

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@19Mateo83
Your tree now has 8" tall shoots while mine are only 2-3" tall. As soon as the shoots lignify in 4 weeks, the tree will be shipped to you. This development is so good. I am thinking about doing 3 or 4 more. The next time I dig BCs for transplant, if I see any that are suitable, I will do this again.

Ellisar

Seed
Reaction score
I would chop the left one on the first picture. I would cut the two high roots on the left side of the tree which looks like it would create some movement. Of course it would bring the root ball even as well. Plant it on an angle and all set.

Top Bottom