Which one should I chop super short?

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Just a suggestion but there is a BC Forum that involves all the top BC folks and if you pose your question to them , you will get some real pro responses.
( I am not one of them but I get a lot of great info there.)
Are you talking about here, FB, or a dedicated forum to BC? If you've read this forum, you'd see that CajunR is one of those BC folks.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I wasn’t kidding about my chopping knife. Roots are pruned.
IMG_1441.jpeg

Tops are cleanly cut with my band saw. Cement tub with a layer of top soil provides bottom protection. Tree are in flats.
IMG_1445.jpeg

In bonsai soil and covered with pine bark for top protection. These trees will sit on my porch with just morning sun until I think they are ready.
IMG_1446.jpegIMG_1447.jpeg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
There are buds all over. If these trees grow well, I am shipping yours to you in 4 months @19Mateo83 .

Now I wonder if I should do a bunch more. Any BNutter wants to buy shohin BC's? :D

Last edited:

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There are buds all over. If these trees grow well, I am shipping yours to you in 4 months @19Mateo83 .

Now I wonder if I should do a bunch more. Any BNutter wants to buy shohin BC's? :D
Sounds good. The hornbeams are just starting to put buds out. I will know for sure which ones are making it by then. As soon as I know I’ll send you some to pick from.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
We have buds all the way to the edge of the chops.
@19Mateo83 we are going to have our duel.
If others want to join us in the fight, the entry price is $150 including shipping and 2 months of care to make sure the tree lives after the harsh chop.

IMG_1748.jpeg
IMG_1749.jpeg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
We have buds all the way to the edge of the chops.
@19Mateo83 we are going to have our duel.
If others want to join us in the fight, the entry price is $150 including shipping and 2 months of care to make sure the tree lives after the harsh chop.

View attachment 539170
View attachment 539171
This is very exciting! To add to the good news, all of the hornbeam stumps I collected this year have buds too so you will have a nice selection to choose from 😉

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I’m amazed they are doing so well. I’m gonna start calling you the cypress whisperer.

Top Bottom