Which one should I chop super short?

🤷‍♂️ what can you do lol. Time will tell, I’m hopeful and not throwing in the towel on it yet…. How’s your deshojo doing after the hurricane?
Not saying if there is really anything you can do or did that cause it to be like that. Sometimes trees died and we have no idea why. Anyway, uncle already have a replacement if it didn't make it.
Deshojo is doing well. I had it on the ground so it didn't have any damage at all.

Not saying if there is really anything you can do or did that cause it to be like that. Sometimes trees died and we have no idea why. Anyway, uncle already have a replacement if it didn't make it.
Deshojo is doing well. I had it on the ground so it didn't have any damage at all.
Glad to hear you and all your trees made it through the hurricane in one piece. Im treating it like a newly collected tree in the most shaded part of my nursery.

L
Mine got a little carving today to set the healing edges at the base of the branches. More carving to come later.

View attachment 563471View attachment 563472View attachment 563473View attachment 563474View attachment 563475
To maintain the tree as a shohin, the carving will go down deeper and the top(s) in the future will be chopped super short and the branches will be trained downward. I only have 3-4" for the top.

Looking good my friend! I’m still afraid to carve on mine since the shipping fiasco…it’s recovering slowly but surely. All the leaders you grew are done fer and she’s starting over from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom