BVF Shimpaku critique

Brian, back to your tree...

The place where the two parallel live veins nearly touch... what’s the plan there? Light carving?

Not that what I think matters much but I love this tree and it is my fear in an attempt to make it perfect, even in your own eyes, may cause it's decline and the ruination of it's beautiful design. Sometimes it is the small flaws that cause the object to have the appeal it has and to eliminate those flaws may in the process eliminate what makes the tree great. I think, and it is only what I think, having the courage to know you have created a great piece of work you have the right to stick it in the face of those who would try to make little of it. You are after all an outsider and if you allow it you will always be dancing to the tune someone else will pipe for you to dance to.

Not that what I think matters much but I love this tree and it is my fear in an attempt to make it perfect, even in your own eyes, may cause it's decline and the ruination of it's beautiful design. Sometimes it is the small flaws that cause the object to have the appeal it has and to eliminate those flaws may in the process eliminate what makes the tree great. I think, and it is only what I think, having the courage to know you have created a great piece of work you have the right to stick it in the face of those who would try to make little of it. You are after all an outsider and if you allow it you will always be dancing to the tune someone else will pipe for you to dance to.
Well said with some very valid point but I don't really understand the outsider thing.

Thanks Vance, but it’s really not my intent to stick it in the face of anyone. I’m very happy to own it, work it, and show it.

Thanks Vance, but it’s really not my intent to stick it in the face of anyone. I’m very happy to own it, work it, and show it.
Good for you, it's a fine tree and anyone who claims the tree is not a fine piece of work deserves to have it stuck in their faces.

Well said with some very valid point but I don't really understand the outsider thing.
I really don't want to go into too much detail, if Brian has suffered it he will know, but if you have material that is exceptional sometimes it is not what you know that matters but who you know; even in bonsai.

Reactions: Vin
I really don't want to go into too much detail, if Brian has suffered it he will know, but if you have material that is exceptional sometimes it is not what you know that matters but who you know; even in bonsai.
Fair enough..

Back
Top Bottom