What do you think this JBP is worth

Here's a tree that I won off the raffle table at a club meeting...although it's not an import I think this is what y'all are debating about. I don't see how this will ever out grow the wire, scars and RT...
Not to mention in my neck of the woods an open wound on a pine is like a buffet invitation to Japanese beetles. I have half a dozen mature pines killed on my property from them in the last 2 years and surrounding properties.

Try Plant City Bonsai.
I teach classes at Plant City. It's not that far from me. If you find something you like there and need a second opinion, I could go and take a look.

They get collections in from time to time, that are excellent ways to get nice bonsai.

If ya'll are around here in about 6yrs from now this is what I'll have to sell, These are right now 2yr old seedlings that I took the initiative to make into something different than your typical straight up JBP. These will be either be semi cascade or full cascade JBPs or if not at least something that will be quite out of the ordinary. They were wired at 1yr at the first transplant and rewired this past spring tight enough for the wire to bite in. A few weeks ago I began taking that wire off as it bit in just enough that now I won't get any scarring by the time I'm ready to sell. You will notice some scars in a few of these but I can assure you they won't be there in 6yrs. Go down to my next reply and you'll see what I mean.:)

Attachments

• kat31.jpg
    kat31.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 45
  • kat41.jpg
    kat41.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 44
  • kat51.jpg
    kat51.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 43
  • kat61.jpg
    kat61.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 47
Starting with the first pic this JBP was given to me at 2yrs of age. I wired it right after this pic was taken. The next pic shows the tree 3yrs later with some scarring evident. The last pic was taken just now 6yrs after the first pic and 3yrs after the second pic showing no scarring. The idea is to get the wire off before it sets too deep and to also not put it in a bonsai pot too early so the trunk will continue to thicken up. :)

Attachments

• pp21.jpg
    pp21.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 47
  • ajbp52a.jpg
    ajbp52a.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 44
  • kat81.jpg
    kat81.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 43
I teach classes at Plant City. It's not that far from me. If you find something you like there and need a second opinion, I could go and take a look.

They get collections in from time to time, that are excellent ways to get nice bonsai.
I saw that you were teaching a black pine de-candling not too long ago there. I'd go if I could make it up more often. 5 hours for me.

Yes, I teach the JBP series. In summer, it's decandling. In November, it's bud selection, needle pulling and wiring. In February, it's repotting.

I also teach other classes occassionally, depending upon what Steve gets in. He once got in a big batch of zelkova, suitable for making brooms. I led a workshop on those.

It appears I need to do some shimpaku classes, too.

Back
Top Bottom