What do you think this JBP is worth

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
14" tall, 15" spread. 1" trunk with 2.5" nebari. Thanks for looking.11002645_1009377812423377_6851178024773425475_n.jpg

It is hard to price trees. They are worth what someone else is willing to pay which can change depending on your location, the buyers location, the species... Loads of variables. I would pay a max of about maybe $50 for a tree like that, but you see them like that on ebay for $100-$200 all the time!

Looks like one that's on a Facebook classifieds. It's a nice tree, but I see a lot of inflation on the FB auctions IMO...but if you like it, there's a ton of potential and fun to be had.

Looks like one that's on a Facebook classifieds. It's a nice tree, but I see a lot of inflation on the FB auctions IMO...but if you like it, there's a ton of potential and fun to be had.

I have compared it with what I can find on E-bay and IMHO is much nicer at the same price point. I'm new into pines, but have been bitten hard by them...I guess we'll see. Thank you all for your input.

With the pot I'd likely pay up to $65 if it were in front of me and I could look at it before purchase.

Doesn't look super healthy, nebari is nothing to look at, in fact it's closer to exposed root on that front. Bark indicates that it is at least 7-8 years old, possibly twice that depending on growing conditions. A decent tree for a beginner. I wouldn't pay more than $100 my self, but I could see someone else paying as much as $200. Price also depends on local availability. If people around you have a lot of pine material then the price will decrease.

If I was caught up in an auction I might pay $100 but the truth is its probably worth $20.

I wouldn't pay over 40.00 as in the picture. If I could see the trunk line all the way to the top and I liked it I might pay 75.00. I see a super cool literati in there if the trunk is good.

On the east coast that might be priced around $100, but to be honest, I wouldnt buy it for that myself.

I think all the answers are fair.

I also think all the answers would be doubled if it was styled correctly, and in an appropriate pot.

Sorce

Little Joe,

Are you buying or selling?

Sorce

Man. These Japanese black pines are expensive! I've never priced any because I live too far north. I hear they don't like it cold.
Ed is right. The key is how much you are willing to pay.

What is it listed at?

I wouldn't pay over 40.00 as in the picture. If I could see the trunk line all the way to the top and I liked it I might pay 75.00. I see a super cool literati in there if the trunk is good.

100% on this + you have an option of windswept one. You have a lot of time to think about pot, later.

here is what I get for 40 bucks...
16.JPG

if there are any left!

Back
Top Bottom