What’s Wrong With People - Eastern Leaf Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Holy shit the bastard literally threw at least one of them over the fence.......If it was in a ceramic pot, it was definitely broken

The first time I went over to Ivan Watters' house in Chicago, it was sadly one day after thieves had stolen several trees from him. The good news was that, in their rush to get over the fence and off the property, they had dropped several of the pots along the way. The pots were worth more than the stolen trees :)

Last edited:

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Wow... talk about going off on a tangent!
I'm not going to engage on an endless debate between religion and morality.

Very sad to hear and see recordings about bonsai theft. Not only has he lost some of his memorable creations, but there's also a sense of violation, anger, and fear that he won't be able to shake-off for a while.
His property, his schedule, etc. have all been studied by the thieves who committed the crime. If there is a plan in our bonsai community to help him out (gofundme/auctions/sales, etc.) I'm all in.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
People that don't believe in God don't believe in much of anything else except satisfying their own needs and wants.
And satisfaction of the human being's base desires is called materialism....which is the foundation of Marxism....which is what lies behind the veil of the church of secular progressivism lead by the exalted high priest Dr. Fauci.
......just sayin.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
People that don't believe in God don't believe in much of anything else except satisfying their own needs and wants.
Flip it around shall we?
People that believe in god do not have morality, but only fear for what wold happen to them if they do not obey their lord.

Does not sit well does it?
Let get the deity shit out of here as it is NOT relevant to morality, honesty or anything else. There are just as many religious as atheist criminals.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Flip it around shall we?
People that believe in god do not have morality, but only fear for what wold happen to them if they do not obey their lord.

Does not sit well does it?
Let get the deity shit out of here as it is NOT relevant to morality, honesty or anything else. There are just as many religious as atheist criminals.
Hilarious and so vacuous.
Seems as though you're the one who is a diety.
You clearly have absolutely no concept of what IS.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I've met very moral atheists with kind hearts and very immoral religious people and/or people who do immoral things for their religion. Just look at the Westboro Baptist Church folks. In my opinion, they do VERY immoral things. The Taliban also come to mind.

This is one reason I'm not religious, even though I believe in an ultimate creator.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Who do you think the people were who demanded that Jesus be nailed to a cross of wood? I know people do not want to talk about this kind of stuff but saying there is no God does not make it so....Any more than saying he does exist makes it so. I have over the last few years found that there some very angry people that will cast you out just because you do believe in God, even some way ward christian groups that believe in a name but chaff at the power represented by the name. In short I do not know of anyone who can say I have ever treated anyone less than what I would have expected to be treated, even people that have wronged me personally.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ha! Some fool clipped my twice resurected Wisteria today!! What the hell? Yes, right up the driveway so can't complain much. What a heap to steal, wisteria are garbage outside of two weeks a year...if it even flowers!!!!

Got some old softball bats ready for deployment....

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Who do you think the people were who demanded that Jesus be nailed to a cross of wood? I know people do not want to talk about this kind of stuff but saying there is no God does not make it so....Any more than saying he does exist makes it so. I have over the last few years found that there some very angry people that will cast you out just because you do believe in God, even some way ward christian groups that believe in a name but chaff at the power represented by the name. In short I do not know of anyone who can say I have ever treated anyone less than what I would have expected to be treated, even people that have wronged me personally.

I don't think most people care either way - believe in a god or don't. It's when people start making statements like this:

that problems arise. Some of you just can't help yourselves for some reason.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Hi "Firstflush",

I was burglared once, stupid me left the door of my garage open in the heat of summer. They "only" stole two guitars, my Fender FG95 and a cheap classical guitar, but it felt like I had been raped, really, it was such a bad feeling that i swallowed a full bottle of Scotch.
The next morning, I thought, well, if they can become artists, it's hanks to me. Knowing that they would sell the guitars for a tenth of their price to get dope, or whatever.

A guitar can be replaced, but I understand how you can feel when your trees were stolen. I can't understand how people who love bonsai can steal bonsai, it blows my mind. I can't understand how people who love bonsai would buy a stolen bonsai.

I wish I could say words to make you strong and resilient, but I know I can't feel the way you feel. Just be sure that I am your friend, it doesn't help, i'm thousands of miles away, but I really side with you.

Last edited:

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Godlessness is the root of dishonor, dishonesty, profane living, all that is sin. It is the greatest social evil.

This is what happens when people/nations turn back on God.

Oh dear! Allahu akbar and the like. Mind you, it's the first time I got a phone call from Jehova's witnesses last week ! BULLSHIT !

I don't believe in any god.
I've never stolen anything (this is true !).
I've never raped a woman.

It's not about "god" or any imaginary fairies or else, it's a matter of education and social upbringing : yes, some people are bad, and the more they have lived in broken homes, be discriminated, etc;, the more they are likely to be "anti-social". It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Here, people who steal bonsai are probably not the "lumpn proletariat", they're just bandits, people who have no values but money, greed, guns to make their views the reference.

People don't need to create a god to be honest and friendly. When I see how the bigots in Texas bring back women to the middle ages, I... But that's another story.

OK, "potawomi13", pray, pray, pray, put your head in the sand and wait for a miracle... :rolleyes: :oops::oops:

Others will act.

But who you're jiving with your cosmic debris ?

Last edited:

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
What started out as a heads-up to stolen material has once again devolved into a typical Bonsai Nut shit slinging contest. What's important is not what any of you believe, because I couldn't care less, but that a bonsai enthusiast has had personally valuable trees stolen. I've always thought Jason is a genuinely decent guy, and I'm sorry he was the victim of thievery.

I hope his trees were insured. At least monetarily he can get some compensation. It still feels like getting gut punched when someone takes your things, though. Not just the loss itself, but the violation of your personal space is also disconcerting. It's like having a pet stolen from your back yard.

Jason I hope you catch a break and recover your trees. And are given one hour with the thieves in a locked room with a baseball bat.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Ha! Some fool clipped my twice resurected Wisteria today!! What the hell? Yes, right up the driveway so can't complain much. What a heap to steal, wisteria are garbage outside of two weeks a year...if it even flowers!!!!

Got some old softball bats ready for deployment....
Right out of your yard?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I hope to believe that if we ever met you'd find that to be completely untrue. I'm not volunteering my time or company's resources to help those living with M.S., or single moms, or the homeless to fulfill my own needs. My own needs have been fulfilled many times over so I try to help out as best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom