What’s Wrong With People - Eastern Leaf Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Not really sure “God” has any role here, but people sure are horrible to each other whether in the name of “God” or not. Pretty sure more people have died in the name of someone else’s version of god than from all of those zealous true atheists out there, but what do I know other than history, law, political science, facts, etc.

In any event, I hope those responsible have an interlude of conscience and return them, get caught, or receive a nice beating. Chickenshit.
Atheist Hitler killed millions of people

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Atheist Hitler killed millions of people
Hitler was not a Atheist he was baptised roman Catholic but never practiced Catholicism. In mein kampf Hitler identified as Christian and the nazi party pushed "positive Christianity" and Hitlers main issue with most Christian sects was that they were not compatible with nazi ideology as the are peacefull.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Isn't bonsai basically a Shinto practice? Careful! All this blasphemous talk of other gods might anger the tree and earth spirits. ;) You know what else angers the tree and earth spirits? Bonsai theft.

I hope Eastern Leaf gets their trees back alive.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I really hope he gets his trees back. Sorry he had to experience this loss.
It is the worst part of this art. You have to keep your trees outdoors, which makes it easier for thieves to take them. Many people have to live out in the boonies, or erect fences and install security cameras, just to enjoy having some potted trees.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
If 100 people on bonsainut put in a 50.00 order to Eastern Leaf it would be 5 thousand more than he had before this happened. It would in no way make a difference regarding the theft of his trees but it's the only way to say, "Hey, I care and want to be supportive in a way that shows I care." He's a businessman too and would appreciate the business.

10.00 shows you care just as much, I was using that as an example. All the commentary on religion doesn't really move the ball forward for him. Just a thought. I noticed he put things on sale right now so it may be because of the theft or a coincidence.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Another example of why I like my dogs more than most people

I felt for him when I listened to him talk about his trees.

Seems like the thieves knew what they were after. And yes it's a lack of moral character that let's people think it's perfectly fine to do something like this.
This is what happens when people/nations turn back on God.
This forum has lost the point of trying to help. These trees are still out there and it’s only a matter of time before they start popping up. We need to get pictures and a database of the trees.
question. Is it possible that these trees change so much or can be changed that they would be impossible to identify?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This forum has lost the point of trying to help. These trees are still out there and it’s only a matter of time before they start popping up. We need to get pictures and a database of the trees.
question. Is it possible that these trees change so much or can be changed that they would be impossible to identify?

There isn't much we can do but get the word out and keep an eye out for them. The video shows the trees. The only way for us to get pictures is for the owner to post them here but I don't think he is a member. He did the video and posted it online and word has spread about it.

What more do you think people in another state or completely across the country from where they were stolen can do?

It's unlikely the trees have changed much by now. A drastic change would very Likely make them less valuable

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There isn't much we can do but get the word out and keep an eye out for them. The video shows the trees. The only way for us to get pictures is for the owner to post them here but I don't think he is a member. He did the video and posted it online and word has spread about it.

What more do you think people in another state or completely across the country from where they were stolen can do?

It's unlikely the trees have changed much by now. A drastic change would very Likely make them less valuable

I was just about to post something similar. There are what - 3 or 4 separate threads on bonsainut alone about this, plus the video has been posted to all the facebook groups and presumably other social media sites that I don't frequent. Most bonsai folks have probably heard/seen about the theft. I guess we can periodically update this thread so that others who might have missed it will see it.

The trees may or may not "pop up" depending on who stole them and for what reason. If they were thrown over the fence resulting in many broken pots, there's a pretty good chance many of them won't survive, they may already be damaged too much to save. Hope not.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

New video just posted. Jason got this bafoon on camera. Even though footage isn’t great. That’s a big lead. something tells me this idiot is shaken in his boots. Hope the catch this low life. I feel optimistic, just hope the trees are ok.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
New video just posted. Jason got this bafoon on camera. Even though footage isn’t great. That’s a big lead. something tells me this idiot is shaken in his boots. Hope the catch this low life. I feel optimistic, just hope the trees are ok.

Nice I hope they catch the asshole too

Here is the new video

Holy shit the bastard literally threw at least one of them over the fence.......If it was in a ceramic pot, it was definitely broken

Last edited:

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice I hope they catch the asshole too

Here is the new video

Holy shit the bastard literally threw at least one of them over the fence.......If it was in a ceramic pot, it was definitely broken
Lets f*cking go …. Besides law …. What would be your Bonsai punishment for this criminal? I would raffia the purp up to his neck , wire him up and lime sulfur his face LOL

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lets f*cking go …. Besides law …. What would be your Bonsai punishment for this criminal? I would raffia the purp up to his neck , wire him up and lime sulfur his face LOL
Prune and wire his arms and legs :cool:

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There is a shot on the page where the video is posted before you click on the video.
It isnt in the video but it looks like its from the night the guy was casing the place.
It shows the back of the suburban and if they have that shot, they will clearly see the license plate number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom