How to 'bug-proof' stands, tables, monkey-poles etc?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I also harvest the spiders. They get big here and the morning is so nice seeing webs everywhere. Art.....

My wife hates it lmao but I love them
Yeah, I'm with you man... spiders are cool!
I dunno how much you're really into Bugs and stuff like that, but if you are interested, you should check out the YouTube channel called Monster Bug Wars.
They have whole episodes and single battles between all types of insects and arachnids. Up close, high definition footage with slow motion of the most awesome and amazing bug fights ever.
I love the ones with Assassin Bugs and Mantids.
The scorpions are cool too!
I've even discovered some new bugs I had never heard of, which is not many.

I was the weird kid in class, paging through the Encyclopedia Britannica looking at all things biology. While everyone else was updating their MySpace pages.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah, I'm with you man... spiders are cool!
I dunno how much you're really into Bugs and stuff like that, but if you are interested, you should check out the YouTube channel called Monster Bug Wars.
They have whole episodes and single battles between all types of insects and arachnids. Up close, high definition footage with slow motion of the most awesome and amazing bug fights ever.
I love the ones with Assassin Bugs and Mantids.
The scorpions are cool too!
I've even discovered some new bugs I had never heard of, which is not many.

I was the weird kid in class, paging through the Encyclopedia Britannica looking at all things biology. While everyone else was updating their MySpace pages.

That's awesome! thanks for the channel I didn't know of it although I watch vids all the time. Not just bugs, all things earth and nature related!!!

LOL yea school was same here I was in college level earth science and english in 9th grade, had to go to the community college for classes, was definitely odd man out hahahah

SU2

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Not bad that will give them good air flow. If you want the legs of the bench off the ground you could always put it on bricks. Just a thought.

As far as the Bayer goes, I don't know if I can say it's the best just because I haven't tried them. But, it's always worked for me so I never had to buy anything else. Many ppl on here will attest to it also.

It's not deadly but..........Definitely follow the instructions carefully, wear gloves even when just opening the bottle. and use a disposable spoon to measure out the dosage. You will need very little mixed with water.......

I use the concentrate that you apply by watering the trees. They also have a granular I believe but I like the concentrate.

Don't worry about the fertilizer in there. Pretend it's not even there. Keep fertilizing like usual as it's so minute, it won't make a difference.
Great stuff, thank you!! I've had a bottle of that creamy-white Bayer just sitting here for a couple weeks (bummed some from a friend!) and hesitant to use it, thanks for the reply am going to begin usage today on a transplant/re-boxing I'm doing :D (and yeah I figured to essentially ignore the fertilizer in it, I've got mostly bougainvilleas which take much different(higher) fertilizer levels than most bonsai so the weak #'s in the product seemed almost irrelevant!)

Top Bottom