Can I have some help with a new bug or fungi?

Tele

Yamadori
Reaction score
Last year I found some fungus like white stuff in my junipers. All on the shady side and too congested areas. I cut back a lot to let air in and thought it was OK.
Just now I find more. It is also on an olive now. Can anyone tell me what it is and what to do?IMG_20240321_123437.jpgIMG_20240321_123335.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not knowing insects in your area, I hesitate to identify this, but it sure looks like cottony scale to me. Reference link. https://www.britannica.com/animal/cottony-cushion-scale
I have had these and you just have to be vigilant. In one stage of their life they are hoppers! Good luck, maybe someone in your vicinity can help you better,

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I also think it looks like scale. I use a granular systemic insecticide labelled for use to control both soft and hard scale insects.

That said, I'm not familiar with Spanish garden pests, so I could be way off the mark.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
They look like wooly aphids. The white ones in later stages, the grey ones in younger stages.
They are not true aphids so most insecticides are useless against it.
Try to find something systemic that has them on the label.
It could be that you're dealing with scale too.

If you treat with systemics, don't eat the olives from that year.

Tele

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I sprayed last year with basic all in one pesticide. I think it could be wooly aphids but not sure. I noticed gellly blubber after watering.
I'll look for special pesticides and I'll try soap on all plants near.

Top Bottom