What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Started the bonsai shuffle today . Between the nonstop rain I got an early start . Friday starts our cold snap and it is always colder here than they predict . I maybe over reacting but better safe than sorry lol . This old man is beat . 2 unheated greenhouses and my garage .bonsai shuffle 2023 1.jpgbonsai shuffle 2023 3.jpg

Started the bonsai shuffle today . Between the nonstop rain I got an early start . Friday starts our cold snap and it is always colder here than they predict . I maybe over reacting but better safe than sorry lol . This old man is beat . 2 unheated greenhouses and my garage .
some very nice stuff!

I am so bummed. A big gust of wind blew over my maple and broke the pot it has been in for 18 years. Had to do some extensive root work cause I didn't have a pot close to the same size. I sure hope it survives the winter. So that is what I got to do today. Some weather coming in Friday and in the 20-30F for about a week. I usually leave all my plants outside to fend for themselves. Don't know about this one. All of my plants are from around my yard so the are acclimated to the weather. Should I do anything special after this root trimming?

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5791.jpeg
    IMG_5791.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 41
I am so bummed. A big gust of wind blew over my maple and broke the pot it has been in for 18 years. Had to do some extensive root work cause I didn't have a pot close to the same size. I sure hope it survives the winter. So that is what I got to do today. Some weather coming in Friday and in the 20-30F for about a week. I usually leave all my plants outside to fend for themselves. Don't know about this one. All of my plants are from around my yard so the are acclimated to the weather. Should I do anything special after this root trimming?
It's gonna be a cold week in OR and WA, I'd consider pulling this into an unheated garage or shed if you have it. It doesn't look like we are getting any snow insulation either.

I removed the seed coating from all of my monkey-ear trees and repositioned three of them as the root was growing up for some reason xD. I am 20/20 on germination. Hoping the number stays that way through their first root pruning. If not, I still have 40 more seeds.

20240111_040028.jpg

Our nightly lows will be in the teens for the next three days. So I'll finally be moving my plants still on benches onto the ground and close to the house to stay out of the chilly wind. So busy day for me later.

Back
Top Bottom