So anyone concerned with the lack of winter this year?

One thing I didn’t expect was how traditional thermostats do not go under 41F. Going to do some digging this year for a solution(for next winter) but for this winter, I just installed some smart thermostats that alert me when it hits 34F so I can manually turn it on via an app regardless of where Im at. Coupled with wifi garage door openers, I’ve been able to modulate the temps(for the most part) remotely!
I use these. They are pretty accurate and easy to set. There is a 20 amp version as well. I use for air and also for heat mats.

Bracing for winter! Any one else going to get hit with this storm?
Looking like around 20” in the next 2 days.
😬

Attachments

• 14684408-8101-42ED-91D7-FB161F26D30C.jpg
    14684408-8101-42ED-91D7-FB161F26D30C.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 44
Lack of Winter? We are getting 2' of snow with a -11 f of Friday! Thank goodness none of my trees are waking up yet.

Freezing rain and snow starting mid day tomorrow and running until Thursday... 1/2" to 3/4" of ice +/- several inches of wet snow = power outages. 20s for highs on Friday... stupid groundhog!

Nah , everything is pretty much on par for course like last year maybe 1 week earlier than last year . Larches are first to start moving , then maples and hornbeams. March will be here next weekend, when I started my repots last year

Where are you seeing that? I know its a long island, but on the south shore there's no snow predicted in the next 10 days.
I am not seeing that here as it is not forecast for here.
Im just saying that when we get that kind of forecast here, it is considered a major storm.

*EDIT* just saw your second quote of my post....lol yea I wasnt saying that.
Id like to see a little more winter here BUT NOT THAT...lool

I’ve found tamarack at Gerten’s and actually one at Menards a few years back.
I’ve collected a few from my dads hobby farm in Luck WI,
I’ve you’re interested in helping collect some tamarack from the bog this spring, we could coordinate a time early this spring to go up.
@Dogestoevsky , your also invited😄
Heck yeah man, I’d love that! Bit of a drive when I pop it into google maps so I’d need to really get my ducks in a row 🤔

It's so weird.
East coast seeing temperatures 2 months too early and areas of the upper Midwest and west getting buried in snow

High today of 72 F, low tomorrow of 21 F. Craziness!

We’re back in winter weather in New England. Have snow on the ground with more in the forecast and temps in the single digits a couple nights this week.

It's so weird.
East coast seeing temperatures 2 months too early and areas of the upper Midwest and west getting buried in snow
Yes certainly extremes.
I’m thankful that we only got 14” here in the twin cities, VS. the 20” they forecasted. 👍

yea its going to get cold here this weekend.
Hope I dont lose any trees with all this nonsense

Back
Top Bottom