Nippon daisy at Lowes

OMG! I have been doing Bonsai longer than some of you have been alive, and I had no idea about Nippon Daisy. Never too old to learn something new. And yes I am going to Home Depot/Lowes and don't tell the little lady.
You may want to call ahead. Most of them don't have it.
If you can't find them, try Monsieur @Pitoon

Searching online I cannot find any picture of Nipponicum bonsai other than those provided by Mr. Valavanis. In the next year or two I would love to see what the BNutters produce. This is one of the reason why I keep posting pictures of what I am seeing with mine. Right now there is precious little information. Not many of us has the International Bonsai issue where Mr. Valavanis shows how it's done. I have learned a lot from the progression threads I've seen here. Hopefully we can get something like that for Nipponicum bonsai.

OMG! I have been doing Bonsai longer than some of you have been alive, and I had no idea about Nippon Daisy. Never too old to learn something new. And yes I am going to Home Depot/Lowes and don't tell the little lady.
You're doing it wrong. Buy it and tell her you bought so you could make it bloom for her! Ask her to pick out a pot she likes for it, too.

Searching online I cannot find any picture of Nipponicum bonsai other than those provided by Mr. Valavanis. In the next year or two I would love to see what the BNutters produce. This is one of the reason why I keep posting pictures of what I am seeing with mine. Right now there is precious little information. Not many of us has the International Bonsai issue where Mr. Valavanis shows how it's done. I have learned a lot from the progression threads I've seen here. Hopefully we can get something like that for Nipponicum bonsai.
Ta-Da-a-a-a...

Mine from Pitoon is doing well.
It had a good bit of unintended pruning, seems like the local rabbits were curious about the new species in the yard.
so, these will be kept on a bench or shelf from now on.
a small positive note, a damaged bit was stuck in some soil and is pushing some roots, we will see if it survives the winter.

Mine from Pitoon is doing well.
It had a good bit of unintended pruning, seems like the local rabbits were curious about the new species in the yard.
so, these will be kept on a bench or shelf from now on.
a small positive note, a damaged bit was stuck in some soil and is pushing some roots, we will see if it survives the winter.
I took two cuttings.
8B2D5AE4-A2FE-4960-B61D-00C39C15DD6E.jpeg
85357D1B-2ADA-4AA8-8876-6613C1D0A169.jpeg

My mother plants are in the garage. The cuttings are under the lights inside.

Psssst
I’ll let you in on a secret. I am smitten by these Nippon daisies. No matter where I move or where I live, I shall have a bunch of Nippon daisy bonsai.

That and bad cypress of course.

Psssst
I’ll let you in on a secret. I am smitten by these Nippon daisies. No matter where I move or where I live, I shall have a bunch of Nippon daisy bonsai.

You need to try dwarf chrysanthemums.

You need to try dwarf chrysanthemums.
How long do they live? Whether I want to or not it is my nature to be attached. I realize life is fleeting but still I don’t want short lived things.

Psssst

PS: “bad cypress” !!! Apparently I don’t think my BC bonsai will amount to any thing. 😁

How long do they live? Whether I want to or not it is my nature to be attached. I realize life is fleeting but still I don’t want short lived things.
10+yrs if you maintain them

Back
Top Bottom