Nippon daisy at Lowes

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
OMG! I have been doing Bonsai longer than some of you have been alive, and I had no idea about Nippon Daisy. Never too old to learn something new. And yes I am going to Home Depot/Lowes and don't tell the little lady.
You may want to call ahead. Most of them don't have it.
If you can't find them, try Monsieur @Pitoon

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Searching online I cannot find any picture of Nipponicum bonsai other than those provided by Mr. Valavanis. In the next year or two I would love to see what the BNutters produce. This is one of the reason why I keep posting pictures of what I am seeing with mine. Right now there is precious little information. Not many of us has the International Bonsai issue where Mr. Valavanis shows how it's done. I have learned a lot from the progression threads I've seen here. Hopefully we can get something like that for Nipponicum bonsai.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
OMG! I have been doing Bonsai longer than some of you have been alive, and I had no idea about Nippon Daisy. Never too old to learn something new. And yes I am going to Home Depot/Lowes and don't tell the little lady.
You're doing it wrong. Buy it and tell her you bought so you could make it bloom for her! Ask her to pick out a pot she likes for it, too.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Searching online I cannot find any picture of Nipponicum bonsai other than those provided by Mr. Valavanis. In the next year or two I would love to see what the BNutters produce. This is one of the reason why I keep posting pictures of what I am seeing with mine. Right now there is precious little information. Not many of us has the International Bonsai issue where Mr. Valavanis shows how it's done. I have learned a lot from the progression threads I've seen here. Hopefully we can get something like that for Nipponicum bonsai.
Ta-Da-a-a-a...

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Mine from Pitoon is doing well.
It had a good bit of unintended pruning, seems like the local rabbits were curious about the new species in the yard.
so, these will be kept on a bench or shelf from now on.
a small positive note, a damaged bit was stuck in some soil and is pushing some roots, we will see if it survives the winter.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Mine from Pitoon is doing well.
It had a good bit of unintended pruning, seems like the local rabbits were curious about the new species in the yard.
so, these will be kept on a bench or shelf from now on.
a small positive note, a damaged bit was stuck in some soil and is pushing some roots, we will see if it survives the winter.
I took two cuttings.
8B2D5AE4-A2FE-4960-B61D-00C39C15DD6E.jpeg
85357D1B-2ADA-4AA8-8876-6613C1D0A169.jpeg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My mother plants are in the garage. The cuttings are under the lights inside.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Psssst
I’ll let you in on a secret. I am smitten by these Nippon daisies. No matter where I move or where I live, I shall have a bunch of Nippon daisy bonsai.

That and bad cypress of course.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Psssst
I’ll let you in on a secret. I am smitten by these Nippon daisies. No matter where I move or where I live, I shall have a bunch of Nippon daisy bonsai.

You need to try dwarf chrysanthemums.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
You need to try dwarf chrysanthemums.
How long do they live? Whether I want to or not it is my nature to be attached. I realize life is fleeting but still I don’t want short lived things.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Psssst

PS: “bad cypress” !!! Apparently I don’t think my BC bonsai will amount to any thing. 😁

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
How long do they live? Whether I want to or not it is my nature to be attached. I realize life is fleeting but still I don’t want short lived things.
10+yrs if you maintain them

Top Bottom