Collected Hawthorn History

Beautiful, natural looking tree ! How cool would it look in that pot if it sheds it bark again to that orange color, that was my favorite stage of this beauty.

ed

Brian, I like your style! Great trees deserve great pots! By the way, when you finally find "the right pot" for this tree, I'll take this pot off your hands:). I like it!

By the way, it looks like your hawthorn is about a week a head of mine. I think it's gonna be a good year for both of them.

Looks great, as always! I love this tree! Is that cut paste on the underside of the rootball on the bottom of the trunk?

Brian, I like your style! Great trees deserve great pots! By the way, when you finally find "the right pot" for this tree, I'll take this pot off your hands:). I like it!

By the way, it looks like your hawthorn is about a week a head of mine. I think it's gonna be a good year for both of them.

I'll keep that in mind, I'm not attached to the pot, and for the money ($350) I could get a lot closer to what I'm looking for. This one is really brown clay with a clear coat and very light weight. When it arrived I thought it would be better for a spruce of 5NP. I am pretty sure I spotted it in a book from Ryokufuu-ten 17 exhibition. The patterns and 3 little scratches on the rim seem to match the pot. Kinda cool.

yes...good year for hawthorns! I kept mine under the bench and in the shade to slow it down to buy time so I could repot yesterday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 241
I really really like it in this pot. I don't know if it could get any better (for me) Love love the placement in the pot as well.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful tree again.

This is a great looking hawthorne. I like the shot of the bottom and especially like the arm for scale. I would have placed the tree slightly closer to the center of the pot; maybe another inch or so. In my opinion, it is slightly too far to the left.

You sir, are a master at what you do. Simply excellent. I can only dream of anything like that.
Congrats and thanks for sharing your detailed journey with this tree.

Absolutely spectacular in that new pot. Absolutely my favorite of all the pots it has been in. An awesome piece of work. Very inspirational

Hoollllyyyyy sh*******!!

That tree is awesome, and your maple is awesome... man, you need to come and style my trees here in Chile!

Thanks all. Here's a more recent photo on its way to becoming unruly, and I'll update again later this summer. It's been accepted into the 4th USNBE, so I have some work to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 296
Congrats Brian! I'm hoping to fly out for the show. :)

Thanks all. Here's a more recent photo on its way to becoming unruly, and I'll update again later this summer. It's been accepted into the 4th USNBE, so I have some work to do.

Looks great. I love the leaf size in relation to the trunk size.

Brian,

I have a question...not a criticism.

The tree seems to be planted more to the left of center than one usually sees. Is there a particular reason?

andy

Great pictorial and write up of what it takes to have a bonsai that looks THAT good! A+

Always the last of my trees other than chinese quince to loose leaves. But fall color in late December is kind of shocking to see! Beautiful color combo orange and greens...

What a great photo of the tree partially leafless, what a great stage to photograph. Hinting at the structure, but not showing all. Nice Brian!

Awesome! I love this tree. I notice the pot is changed from the show pic, was it in a show pot? If so, what was the show pot an what pot is it in for the fall color pics? Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom