ISO - Hawthorn, Blackhaw, Mayhaw, Hackberry Pre-Bonsai (larger/collected)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Looking for some more substantial prebonsai of mayhaw, hawthorn, blackhaw, hackberry or other interesting flowering/fruiting tree (non-malus). Price is probably $100-$500 depending on tree. Let me know if anyone has some around they’re interested in parting with!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I have some Mayhaws that are nice but they are not shippable at the moment for several reasons
1. It is getting too hot to ship tree reliably
2. The trees need to develop some more roots before I am comfortable in shipping them.
3. It is hard to find comparable prices out there.
There are really not many Crataegus aestivalis pre-bonsai being sold. I believe Zac at Bonsai South sold one with a 2" trunk at the base for $235 shipped a few years back and that is about it. My trees are quite a bit older with trunks up to 5" at the base. The big ones are either kept for me or already promised to be given back to the landowner where I got the trees. In the fall I will have a handful of 2.5" to 3” trunk for sale.
Unlike the bald cypress, the Mayhaws I got are much more limited. I harvested all I could harvest at one grove and there is no more to be had. Right now I have on hand about 20 trees with only 10 available for sale either in the fall this year or spring 2024.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I have some Mayhaws that are nice but they are not shippable at the moment for several reasons
1. It is getting too hot to ship tree reliably
2. The trees need to develop some more roots before I am comfortable in shipping them.
3. It is hard to find comparable prices out there.
There are really not many Crataegus aestivalis pre-bonsai being sold. I believe Zac at Bonsai South sold one with a 2" trunk at the base for $235 shipped a few years back and that is about it. My trees are quite a bit older with trunks up to 5" at the base. The big ones are either kept for me or already promised to be given back to the landowner where I got the trees. In the fall I will have a handful of 2.5" to 3' trunk for sale.
Unlike the bald cypress, the Mayhaws I got are much more limited. I harvested all I could harvest at one grove and there is no more to be had. Right now I have on hand about 20 trees with only 10 available for sale either in the fall this year or spring 2024.
Thanks for the info! I’ll be honest - I mostly was driving blind and just posted some species I’d like to have and about what I felt comfortable spending on a tree. I figured if I was way off base I’ve be informed as such. I’ll poke you again in four months or so if I’m still on the lookout!

Top Bottom