ISO princess persimmon babies

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It says 2022 crop year on the seed info. They should be fine.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, sounds like these are rare! I planted some seeds this weekend. Now wishing I had planted all.

Anybody know of a persimmon that does not require a male tree to set fruit? Is it true?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Wow, sounds like these are rare! I planted some seeds this weekend. Now wishing I had planted all.

Anybody know of a persimmon that does not require a male tree to set fruit? Is it true?
As a rule they are Dioecious. However, it does happen on occasion that some plants will throw a few flowers of the opposite sex. It's an exception not a rule. There is a guy on the .99 cent auction that claims he has a monoecious variety. I questioned him and he did not respond. Beware of scammers.

Kievnstavick

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I bought a few of these seeds myself and I am planning on sowing them in a tray tonight with some Katsura trees (Cercidiphyllum japonicum)

I'll probably end up buying more if my test batch works out.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beware of scammers.
:). The person I bought this from I fully trust; Have known him for a long time. However, I *think* there might be persimmons growing in his neighbourhood.
Guess summer will tell. Should not be too hard to source a male flowering plant if I need one.

Top Bottom