What did you do today? Show us Pic Required

Got home tonight from my cruise in the Bahamas. Girlfriend's mother failed to water daily like I'd asked, and not sure if she'd watered them more than once honestly...half the cuttings are dead, along with about 5 tropical trees I have been working on that are dead or badly wilted. As hard as it is for ficus to dry out, she succeeded in murdering 3 of them.

Grabbed a couple trees down in Alabama on my way through from a Home Depot, a Boxwood, and an Indian Hawthorn. Girlfriend wanted to see what house plants they had down there, and it was Sunday so no nice nurseries were open sadly.

Anyways, the 16 dollar boxwood had lots of new growth tips so went ahead and potted it, and did a hard chop back, the roots on it were great, and the base is 3 inches across. Forgot to take a before shot.

20240226_015941.jpg

Got home tonight from my cruise in the Bahamas. Girlfriend's mother failed to water daily like I'd asked, and not sure if she'd watered them more than once honestly...half the cuttings are dead, along with about 5 tropical trees I have been working on that are dead or badly wilted. As hard as it is for ficus to dry out, she succeeded in murdering 3 of them.

Grabbed a couple trees down in Alabama on my way through from a Home Depot, a Boxwood, and an Indian Hawthorn. Girlfriend wanted to see what house plants they had down there, and it was Sunday so no nice nurseries were open sadly.

Anyways, the 16 dollar boxwood had lots of new growth tips so went ahead and potted it, and did a hard chop back, the roots on it were great, and the base is 3 inches across. Forgot to take a before shot.

View attachment 530537
That sucks to hear. We all learn the hard way that most non-bonsai people are not good at taking care of your bonsai while you're out of town. Only one out of 250 of my bonsai trees survived after I left for college.

First six silk Mimosa seeds to break surface in their little plastic green house with an LED light. I'm not holding my breath with the Weigela seeds on the other side, some white spiderweb looking mold spread across the surface of the dirt on that side the day after spreading the seeds. The Mimosa seeds popped soaking in water and then I planted them so they were already moving quickly.
IMG_20240226_105626.jpg

That sucks to hear. We all learn the hard way that most non-bonsai people are not good at taking care of your bonsai while you're out of town. Only one out of 250 of my bonsai trees survived after I left for college.
At least she fed and gave water to our dogs while we were gone.
20240124_103235.jpg

grape my pot 3.jpggrape my pot 4.jpgRepotting again , 2 years ago my wife and daughter wanted to have different grapes growing than my concord . So I turned it into a pre bonsai . Bored with it so into one of my whacky pots . I realize how nice it would be to have help on a job like this . lol

Looks like the freezing nights are over for good, so I dug up and potted two monster hornbeams this morning. I only took a picture of one though. When I have some time (and more soil) next weekend I'll dig up a few smaller ones for a starter forest.
IMG_4628.JPGIMG_4627.JPG

Looks like the freezing nights are over for good, so I dug up and potted two monster hornbeams this morning. I only took a picture of one though. When I have some time (and more soil) next weekend I'll dig up a few smaller ones for a starter forest.
View attachment 530645View attachment 530646
Dang those are chunkers!

Back
Top Bottom