Tell me something you didn't understand until later in life.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Life or Bonsai related. My first is
"The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done."

Second.
"Adults don't have all the wisdom/answers that I thought they might from life experience's. Some don't take the time to learn, and are set in their ways from past experiences."

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
As I’ve gotten older I’m learning to live life to the fullest. We only have one life and when I’m at the end of my days I want to be able to look back at all the things that I did in life, not be wishing I had done all those things in life. Never say no to a good thing.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
25 years ago, I didnt realize how much of a toll aging will take on you. I don't have the energy and can't do the things I used to have and do 25 years ago

Stay healthy and take care of yourself. As you get older, your older self will thank your younger self that you did. If you don't, your older self will regret it.

Start saving for the future early in life so you don't have to spend all your life working for someone else. Again your older self will thank you.

Life is short.

People come and go in your life. The ones that stay with you through the good and the bad are your true friends

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
25 years ago, I didnt realize how much of a toll aging will take on you. I don't have the energy and can't do the things I used to have and do 25 years ago

Stay healthy and take care of yourself. As you get older, your older self will thank your younger self that you did. If you don't, your older self will regret it.

Start saving for the future early in life so you don't have to spend all your life working for someone else. Again your older self will thank you.

Life is short.

People come and go in your life. The ones that stay with you through the good and the bad are your true friends
Very wise advice TY.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Many years ago I worked for an insurance company, preparing group quotes for life/accidental death/dismemberment coverage. I worked with actuarial life tables, which shows the probability of a person at a certain age dying before their next birthday. At that young age, I didn't understand why men in certain age groups were much more likely to die than in others. A few years later, I worked with a bunch of guys whose favorite saying was "Hold my beer and watch this", and then I understood.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Your parents are flawed human beings, just like everybody else. Not all of the advice they gave you is worth taking.

Some of the worst mistakes you can make in life happen to be the default option. You have to periodically evaluate the status quo and ask if it is still serving your interests in order to notice these pitfalls so you can make a course correction to avoid them.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
men in certain age groups were much more likely to die than in others
erecting iron

This too. Iron workers are about 10 times more likely to die than other trades. Plus coal mines plus war plus.....
Wasn't gonna say nothing but then the erecting happened. Interesting.

Dig this thread. My list is too long.

Sorce

Top Bottom