@Rockm Custom Title Countdown!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was laughing...but...wait...does that mean...I'm old. I so got it right off the bat. Along with the avatar image...fitting.
-"Patton's dog" is for the over 70 crowd, "Spuds" is for the 40-65ish, "Chico" is for those in their 30's and "Target Dog" is for the under 30 folks. As for the Moyogi part, that's bonsai stuff. It's a play on "Miyagi" who is sort of a cult figure. "Sweep the leg" 😁

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
-"Patton's dog" is for the over 70 crowd, "Spuds" is for the 40-65ish, "Chico" is for those in their 30's and "Target Dog" is for the under 30 folks. As for the Moyogi part, that's bonsai stuff. It's a play on "Miyagi" who is sort of a cult figure. "Sweep the leg" 😁
Maybe I'm not feeling...quite so old now. lol

Edit: Thanks for making me feel less old. Though...Target Dog? Chico...Never heard of them. lol I do not do TV for the most part...so that may explain it.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Don’t forget “Meatball” from Ba Ba Blacksheep, one of my favorite shows from way back.

… and I love love Spuds Moyogi… fitting on multiple levels, so…

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I actually meant the Japanese term for an informal upright! But now it feels like your interpretation is just as accurate 😂😂

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Maybe I'm not feeling...quite so old now. lol

Edit: Thanks for making me feel less old. Though...Target Dog? Chico...Never heard of them. lol I do not do TV for the most part...so that may explain it.
I need a few years before reaching 70 but Patton's dog rings the bell for me.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don’t forget “Meatball” from Ba Ba Blacksheep, one of my favorite shows from way back.

… and I love love Spuds Moyogi… fitting on multiple levels, so…
I get that sometimes too when out walking the dog.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, the real Pappy Boyington didn't have a bull terrier and thought they were pretty damn ugly. Also FWIW, "Patton's dog" wasn't the wimp portrayed in the movie. He was actually a badass himself. He was a"rescue dog" of sorts, found for Patton by Eisenhower's personal secretary Kate Summersby, with some help from Royal Air Force personnel. The dog was previously owned by an RAF bomber pilot who took him along on night time raids over Germany. The RAF pilot was killed on one of those raids when the dog didn't accompany him. The dog was left orphaned and starving at an air force field in southern England. He made his way to Patton as a thin neglected dog, which Patton fattened up. Patton named him "Willie" for a childhood friend who was also thin--not for WIlliam the Conqueror. Willie didn't shy away from fights, either. He once"chewed the bejesus" out of Eisenhower's Scots Terrier during a staff meeting in England. Took the entire staff and buckets of water to get Willie off of the Supreme Commander's dog.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
SO, I'm partial to Spuds Moyogi (thanks @MrWunderful ) or Bonsai Bulldog...

And thanks everyone for all of the other great suggestions!

Wait…you get to pick?😂

Pennin' a nom de plum for a comrade is sacred in my clique....so, you know, taggin' yourself can be a little wobbly. Two avatars featuring a terrier in the time I've been here certainly cover the spuds angle....as well as the subtle dig every nickname requires....'cuz' ain't nobody been talking about spuds mackenzie for a dogs age!!!!!

MORE MERCY :cool:

Top Bottom