Last (ever?) Mirai Tree Sale

Seems that this time around they remove the entry from the store after sale so I have no clue what they were sellen.

That is not what I'm seeing here:
1724967835585.png

URL I'm using: https://goods.bonsaimirai.com/collections/trees

Direct link to Izzy's new trees:
RMJ 2: https://goods.bonsaimirai.com/collections/trees/products/rocky-mountain-juniper-no-2a
Coast Redwood 2: https://goods.bonsaimirai.com/collections/trees/products/coastal-redwood-no-2a

That is weird, I can not see them at all using your links. Maybe European people are region blocked?

Kinda weird they dont stay on the site just labeled as sold out. I went to the site the minute the stream stopped but it didnt show anything.
It was like that all day... Pics were there and sold out was shown after Izzy bought it...🤣

I looked at this Shore Pine for $3800:

View attachment 565293

Then I read the shipping rates and that doubled the price...:(
Yep, though I respect Mirai for only offering white glove art moving services for shipping. To me in Seattle, it’s actually fairly reasonable—enough that I would do it rather than making the drive myself for a large tree.

Yep, though I respect Mirai for only offering white glove art moving services for shipping. To me in Seattle, it’s actually fairly reasonable—enough that I would do it rather than making the drive myself for a large tree.
I saw that and thought ..I am in the East Coast so about 3000 miles, its $1 a mile and 0.53 cent for fuel surcharge so it's going to cost me about $4600 for shipping ...lol.

it’s hard being an east coast bonsai fan, especially since Bjorn moved. definitely seems like there’s some pros getting there, but just not near the concentration as there is in the west.

it’s hard being an east coast bonsai fan, especially since Bjorn moved. definitely seems like there’s some pros getting there, but just not near the concentration as there is in the west.
Could not agree more!!!

I saw that and thought ..I am in the East Coast so about 3000 miles, its $1 a mile and 0.53 cent for fuel surcharge so it's going to cost me about $4600 for shipping ...lol.

The white glove service for me(to WI) was around $700 for each tree so it wasn’t that unreasonable. And the redwood clump is probably the largest tree there. Did you enter your address and have it calculate an actual number?

I did not. I used their $1 per mile and .53 cent gas surcharge... I am in SE Michigan... I am 10 more hours from your location.

The white glove service for me(to WI) was around $700 for each tree so it wasn’t that unreasonable. And the redwood clump is probably the largest tree there. Did you enter your address and have it calculate an actual number?
I did not enter my address, I just read the white glove service infos on the bottom of each tree for sale. $700 is not bad at all for each one of your tree.

Shipping Method | Fine Art Delivery - Rates are $1 per mile from zip code 97053 with fuel surcharge estimate of $0.53 per mile. See our shipping policy for more info. A base rate of $750 is added at checkout. Final rates will be reconciled prior to delivery.

I did not. I used their $1 per mile and .53 cent gas surcharge... I am in SE Michigan... I am 10 more hours from your location.

The white glove service they use is a shipping company I’ve been using so if there’s enough trees coming to our area, it’s definitely cheaper to just pool our own trip. That’s what a few of us did for Nationals last year.

I do not hold anything against Ryan for running his business the way he does. He has to do what he needs to make it work... His stuff is first rate and I try to buy what I can...

So, I'm wondering how he is going to make the bulk of his income. I would guess seminars, on-site teaching and private bonsai maintenance.

The same way he’s been doing it…producing content that people pay a subscription for, supplemented by the things you mentioned. It’s a great model, as most bonsai artists barely break even on selling trees.

Yes, seriously, ask them about it.

The white glove service they use is a shipping company I’ve been using so if there’s enough trees coming to our area, it’s definitely cheaper to just pool our own trip. That’s what a few of us did for Nationals last year.
Would you mind sharing the name / contact info of this shipping company? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom