Here comes the snow...

Random User

Reaction score
... -2 C with snowfall at the rate of about 5 cm/hr... already have enough to fully bank my trees.

Tends to be blowing south-southeast from the Prairies, so the Mid-West border States should/might expect the same for the next while... (they are predicting 3 days here, but anything further out than 3 days I never rely on... and IMHO, relying on weather predictions is "iffy" at best anyway)

... if you don't have yours in a wintering position, this might be the time to prepare.

Random User

Reaction score
Oh we'll be going to -40 at some point (briefly anyway), I just know that some people might not have their trees in storage yet... our weather can (at times) effect the Northern Mid-West Border States, and this was just meant as a "heads-up" for weather that is actually here... not a forecast that may, or may not come.

Take it for what it's worth... probably not much use for most people though.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So. If 32 F. is 0 C. then what's minus 2C.? In the high 20s F.? Already had that at night here for a while. Already got snow twice. Last week we got 3 inches.
How cold is minus 40 Celsius in Fahrenheit?
You live in S.K. We figured that out before. South Kanada.
I've had my trees put away now for a couple weeks.

Random User

Reaction score
-2 is about 28f... and yes, we've been here for a while now. But to the people here, we "tend" to equate "warm snows" as heavy snows... a blizzard at about -30F tends not to produce as much snow, but blows it around a lot making it seem like it snowed more than when warm...

C and F meet at -40

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
We had sleet here in SE PA on the 19th, and I can tell we would have had light accumulations if it hadn't been 35-37F, with the high that day of 71F before the front. Then the next two days actually had on and off flurries for most of each day. We have had maybe 6-7 nights below 30F this fall so far, and the long range forecast keeps hinting at snow/rain for a couple days.

I'm building a cold frame tomorrow for the tridents. I actually am "wired" for the cool/cold weather and have no desire to live in the Florida climate again.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So. If 32 F. is 0 C. then what's minus 2C.? In the high 20s F.? Already had that at night here for a while. Already got snow twice. Last week we got 3 inches.
How cold is minus 40 Celsius in Fahrenheit?
You live in S.K. We figured that out before. South Kanada.
I've had my trees put away now for a couple weeks.
https://www.google.nl/search?espv=2....1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.rBIQFCVpsAQ

The rough way from C to F is "double it and add 30"...

Thus 10c is roughly 50F

Top Bottom