Hello Sunshine...

Good lookin'
Is it 'Pink Pixie'?
It is. They are cool because the brachial and leaves are very small... but, rather slow growing.

This year, I will see about getting a nice pot for it. This was just a resin pot that I had sitting around, that I could cut for the new planting angle I had chosen at the time.

Nice! May I ask if that shot was with a Cannon set to Vivid exposure?

Grimmy
Thanks for the reply!
My camera is a Cannon, but is a older digital so it does not have that feature.
This was just taken under two florescent flood lights, the cheap clamp on ones that are like $5 dollars at Home Depot. I don't have lights underneath my porch awning to work at night, so I clamp them above me.

wow she's breathtaking, I love the movement in the trunk. If I may, whats the plan with the buds and sprouts way down on the trunk near the soil, leaving to develop into branches or will be removed at a later date?
Thanks for the reply!
At the beginning of last year this tree started taking a turn for the worse... I think it actually was to dry. So, I babies it and it bounced back rather nice.

I just let it go for the most part after...
As far as style plans, I am definitely going to remove new growth around base. Going back n forth on the leader shooting up at the top... originally thought it would be nice to have a apex up there, however it might take away from the motion of the trunk. So, not yet sure if I will keep it? As of now, will just let it develop and see.

Lastly, need to work out better the direction of the bottom branch. I actually bent this quite far. It used to hug the branch above... mainly here I need to examine which direction I would like the finer branching to go.

Thanks for the reply!
At the beginning of last year this tree started taking a turn for the worse... I think it actually was to dry. So, I babies it and it bounced back rather nice.

I just let it go for the most part after...
As far as style plans, I am definitely going to remove new growth around base. Going back n forth on the leader shooting up at the top... originally thought it would be nice to have a apex up there, however it might take away from the motion of the trunk. So, not yet sure if I will keep it? As of now, will just let it develop and see.

Lastly, need to work out better the direction of the bottom branch. I actually bent this quite far. It used to hug the branch above... mainly here I need to examine which direction I would like the finer branching to go.
I'm partial to leaving the top leader, could maybe look cool if eventually brought forward and down to create crown/front branch pad. I don't think it would detract from the movement at all. I totally agree on the lower branch. . . it will be interesting to see where you ultimately place it.

Have you had any trouble developing ramification on these? Usually when I see this cultivar, it is with longer shoots all covered in leaves (like a puffed up cat's tail), but not really secondary, tertiary, etc. branching . . .

Have you had any trouble developing ramification on these? Usually when I see this cultivar, it is with longer shoots all covered in leaves (like a puffed up cat's tail), but not really secondary, tertiary, etc. branching . . .
You can get them to ramify, they just are very slow to grow to grow in comparison to other varieties of bougies.

Are those leaves+fowers that small (they look tiny :)?, U have pictures with scale?

I love looking at this tree, gives me some inspiration for the 3 bougies I'm going to dig in spring.
I do like the cascade/semi look on bougies, it's what they do well and yours is beautiful.

Interesting about saying it got too dry, they don't need much water as garden plants but I guess it takes a while to get the balance right and getting used to it's needs.

Are those leaves+fowers that small (they look tiny :)?, U have pictures with scale?
I'd like to know too. The leaves/bracts on mine are currently ~1 inch long. How much can they be reduced?
The Bracts and Leaves are smaller on the Pink Pixie, about half an inch to an inch, and will reduce a bit, but not much more.
This tree is 24 inches wide x 19 inches tall.

I love looking at this tree, gives me some inspiration for the 3 bougies I'm going to dig in spring.
I do like the cascade/semi look on bougies, it's what they do well and yours is beautiful.
Interesting about saying it got too dry, they don't need much water as garden plants but I guess it takes a while to get the balance right and getting used to it's needs.
The ground almost always retains more moisture than a pot, and therefore everything usually does better in it.

Mmmm, very nice!
And I love Jimmy Cliff!
I saw him and his 9 piece band two years ago at a great venue here in MD, called Oregon Ridge Park. He headlined the Believe In Music Festival. Great show.
Glad to hear it!
Use to go to Jamaica all the time and seen him play numerous times there and here... that was some time back, before needing passports and when the airline ticket was cheaper than the ticket for the Reggae Sunsplash.

The Sunsplash, was a must do... it was a week long event and the band's started at 6 in the evening and went to 6 in the morning. Everyone just crashed on the ground. Anybody who was anyone played, so we saw everyone from Culture, Bunny Wailer, Coco Tea, Cutty Ranks, Mutabaruka, Ziggy, Shabba Ranks, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Burning Spear, and the list goes on an on... was about 20 bands a night.

So, a real cool event... saw a lot of brand new folks just starting off their careers, like Lucky Dube... who went on to become very big and sadly was later murdered. A lot of those folks are gone now, so am very happy for those years.

They moved it back to Kingston, but if you are ever able to go... it really is probably about the coolest thing!

Back
Top Bottom