Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't assume. If I was asked I would say you didn't grow up in the ghetto based on your comments. I must have missed the previous post. I agree that gun control is not the solution to fixing poor crime ridden areas. I was very glad to see that post and that you actually care about trying to help solve the problem of drugs, crime and violence in the ghettos.
That is actually what people in the movement are trying to shed light on.
To just bash black lives matter and then move on like there is not a problem is wrong.
You said " what blacks need more then anything else is stop blaming people for their problems" then you said "everyone likes to lump people into neat little catagories and that is racism and bigotry" did you not just lump a whole race of people?
The reason I'm a dem is because of the inequality in america between the wealthy and the middle class/lower class. I feel like if the middle class was truly boosted up then the lower class would follow. The incentive would be that the middle class is obtaining the American dream. And the separation between poor and middle class wouldn't be negligible like it is today.

i can see where you would take it like that, but what i mean is that in addressing the plight of blacks - what is more helpful is (what typed above) - not really the same as just saying all blacks do this or all blacks do that. if their is a movement that is intended to help blacks specifically - its counterproductive to perpetuate the myth that forces outside of their control are holding them down. this breeds division and an us vs them mentality which hurts everyone in the long term.

but yeh - im the text book example of a "victim" of society. but i overcame all of these things that have become excuses for failure in life. that crap has to stop. it hurts anyone (black, white, poor...) to approach their situation that way. im not going to play a violin and disclose anything about myself - but it would make a good spike lee movie.

to put it another way, one of my best friends has been a psychiatrist for the last 30 years - he said its common for people to come to him asking "why" they are the way they are, "what" happened to them etc. instead of focusing on the supposed "reason" he focused on changing the behavior . it doesnt matter that you didnt get enough hugs as a child, the problem is that you are an addict -- accepting and focusing on addressing the problem is more important than focusing on who or what is to blame. doing so often denies the pt's responsibility in change, and implies that they are powerless to change - instead they can become the eternal victim.

the black community (there i go again) doesnt need to be singled out because they are black and therefore oppressed, enslaved, victimized, discriminated against etc - they need to know that if they are willing to make good choices, put forth the effort and do what everyone else has to do to be successful - that they can be.

and i am a democrat too. or was. anymore im finding a really hard time supporting the left. i grew up acutely aware of the difference between the haves and the have nots, which also affected my views on race. so as i reached adulthood i was keenly aware of the less than desirable social consequences of capitalism and of racism. i do well financially - that is not to boast but that is to say that i pay way more in taxes than a lot of people do. i dont get any breaks. im fine with that, i think that people who can do more - SHOULD do more. but in my view - the democratic/liberal/progressive movement has gone too far. they have gone past the desire for equality and fairness to excusing people for poor choices and in some ways punishing those who have played by the rules and done well. the conservatives can call it political correctness or something along those but regardless of the term, it has gone beyond a reasonable pursuit of justice. mass incarcerations, misused statistics and "victim" mentalities are hurting our community and creating a racial divide as an unintended backlash. conservatives are tired of hearing it- which is how trump got where he is now.

nobody wants to hear why you are poor, disenfranchised, oppressed etc. and why should they - its not the 60's, its not even the 80's. there is a much MUCH more level playing field than ever before. but even if there wasnt - complaining about and using it as an excuse does NO ONE any good, because no one cares. your employer doesnt care (unless you sue), your politicans dont, hillary or donald dont. its up to you and you alone to change your lot in life. no amount of sympathy or compassion from bleeding hearts changes it for you (that may seem cold but from a purely practical viewpoint its still true). lots of people claim to care and love to boast about how enlightened and compassionate they are, but what are they doing to actually help? not a damn thing. no big macs for you - some chubby white boy said he would share but didnt.

i have never been beaten by the cops. i have been leary of cops, but never been afraid of them - i never had any reason to be. i followed the law, i did what i was supposed to and conducted myself in the manner that i was supposed to. and i have been pulled dozens of times. now there has been a history of abuse from leo in the past - and as long as someone has more power than another there will always be some who seek to take advantage of it. but somehow we've gone from trying to create fairness and equality to throwing the baby out with the bath water. cops are afraid to be cops, the good ones that you would want to recruit or retain are choosing other career paths because its not worth it (which has been true of teachers for years). law and order is no longer respected and its excused behavior- because they are being vilified by the media and everyone looking to file a lawsuit, or get their 15 minutes of fame. and the liberals that i used to identify myself with applaud them? thats not justice or fairness.

ask anyone in the justice system if they truly think that it is working. jails are overflowing and instead of focusing on why gangs or drugs are a problem - we frame it as a problem with mass incarcerations. there wouldnt be a mass of them if people werent committing the crimes? somehow its become more fashionable (and headline worthy) to make a name for yourself, righting the wrongs of society than to protect the victims. there are people that need to be removed from society because they broke the rules and continue to put people at risk, but they arent? why? it doesnt matter if they were black or white, rich or poor - everyone knows that robbing, killing, raping etc is wrong no matter what their race, upbringing or income level. but these criminals are increasingly displayed as the victim? i cant support that. i cant support a party that panders to the minority vote and sets them back 20 years. i could support a party that stood up for the little guy (that was afterall how i got in 90% of my fights as youth) - but i cant support a party that goes overboard and creates an 8 letter acronym for some newly discovered community thats being "discriminated" against and hires teams of lawyers to take up their cause. i cant support a party that tries to take away my familys right to defend themselves or argues that castle doctrine or stand your ground laws should be eliminated because the people who make the headlines happen to be black.

but i dont think the govt has a right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. i think if gays want to be married they should be able to and have the same rights, benefits, and medical choices available to straight couples. i think those who make more, should pay more - theres no reason for the income disparity in this country and trickle down economics is MALARKEY !!!

so who should i have voted for?
what party do i support?
can i be a gun owning liberal and think that the liberal movement has lost their freaking minds or does that immediately lump me in with all the crazy racist white republicans?
am i a venom filled white guy spreading lies?
or am i fed up 6 figure earning black man?
does this mean everybody dislikes me now?
am i a plant for the nra or are my points the conclusion of research grants?
what does @M. Frary do when hes not quoting hundreds of threads? and when are we gonna go fishing?
wait its because im black isnt it....... (room gets quiet)
who really blew smoke?
why cant i be a smart as the europeans? would posting my degrees help or am i immediately discredited because american universities are....american?
who is eating all the big macs that were supposed to be going to the refugee camps?
why are the liberal comments on here some of the nastiest, judgemental, arrogant comments around? they are meaner than a guntoting whitey on veterans day.
how much did i drink at dinner?
what do you mean YOU PEOPLE???
is there a reward for finding the shoney big boy? cause i know where that fucker is at.
was i "a boy in the hood before the movie"?
why dont the british sound british when they sing?
how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?

i can see where you would take it like that, but what i mean is that in addressing the plight of blacks - what is more helpful is (what typed above) - not really the same as just saying all blacks do this or all blacks do that. if their is a movement that is intended to help blacks specifically - its counterproductive to perpetuate the myth that forces outside of their control are holding them down. this breeds division and an us vs them mentality which hurts everyone in the long term.

but yeh - im the text book example of a "victim" of society. but i overcame all of these things that have become excuses for failure in life. that crap has to stop. it hurts anyone (black, white, poor...) to approach their situation that way. im not going to play a violin and disclose anything about myself - but it would make a good spike lee movie.

to put it another way, one of my best friends has been a psychiatrist for the last 30 years - he said its common for people to come to him asking "why" they are the way they are, "what" happened to them etc. instead of focusing on the supposed "reason" he focused on changing the behavior . it doesnt matter that you didnt get enough hugs as a child, the problem is that you are an addict -- accepting and focusing on addressing the problem is more important than focusing on who or what is to blame. doing so often denies the pt's responsibility in change, and implies that they are powerless to change - instead they can become the eternal victim.

the black community (there i go again) doesnt need to be singled out because they are black and therefore oppressed, enslaved, victimized, discriminated against etc - they need to know that if they are willing to make good choices, put forth the effort and do what everyone else has to do to be successful - that they can be.

and i am a democrat too. or was. anymore im finding a really hard time supporting the left. i grew up acutely aware of the difference between the haves and the have nots, which also affected my views on race. so as i reached adulthood i was keenly aware of the less than desirable social consequences of capitalism and of racism. i do well financially - that is not to boast but that is to say that i pay way more in taxes than a lot of people do. i dont get any breaks. im fine with that, i think that people who can do more - SHOULD do more. but in my view - the democratic/liberal/progressive movement has gone too far. they have gone past the desire for equality and fairness to excusing people for poor choices and in some ways punishing those who have played by the rules and done well. the conservatives can call it political correctness or something along those but regardless of the term, it has gone beyond a reasonable pursuit of justice. mass incarcerations, misused statistics and "victim" mentalities are hurting our community and creating a racial divide as an unintended backlash. conservatives are tired of hearing it- which is how trump got where he is now.

nobody wants to hear why you are poor, disenfranchised, oppressed etc. and why should they - its not the 60's, its not even the 80's. there is a much MUCH more level playing field than ever before. but even if there wasnt - complaining about and using it as an excuse does NO ONE any good, because no one cares. your employer doesnt care (unless you sue), your politicans dont, hillary or donald dont. its up to you and you alone to change your lot in life. no amount of sympathy or compassion from bleeding hearts changes it for you (that may seem cold but from a purely practical viewpoint its still true). lots of people claim to care and love to boast about how enlightened and compassionate they are, but what are they doing to actually help? not a damn thing. no big macs for you - some chubby white boy said he would share but didnt.

i have never been beaten by the cops. i have been leary of cops, but never been afraid of them - i never had any reason to be. i followed the law, i did what i was supposed to and conducted myself in the manner that i was supposed to. and i have been pulled dozens of times. now there has been a history of abuse from leo in the past - and as long as someone has more power than another there will always be some who seek to take advantage of it. but somehow we've gone from trying to create fairness and equality to throwing the baby out with the bath water. cops are afraid to be cops, the good ones that you would want to recruit or retain are choosing other career paths because its not worth it (which has been true of teachers for years). law and order is no longer respected and its excused behavior- because they are being vilified by the media and everyone looking to file a lawsuit, or get their 15 minutes of fame. and the liberals that i used to identify myself with applaud them? thats not justice or fairness.

ask anyone in the justice system if they truly think that it is working. jails are overflowing and instead of focusing on why gangs or drugs are a problem - we frame it as a problem with mass incarcerations. there wouldnt be a mass of them if people werent committing the crimes? somehow its become more fashionable (and headline worthy) to make a name for yourself, righting the wrongs of society than to protect the victims. there are people that need to be removed from society because they broke the rules and continue to put people at risk, but they arent? why? it doesnt matter if they were black or white, rich or poor - everyone knows that robbing, killing, raping etc is wrong no matter what their race, upbringing or income level. but these criminals are increasingly displayed as the victim? i cant support that. i cant support a party that panders to the minority vote and sets them back 20 years. i could support a party that stood up for the little guy (that was afterall how i got in 90% of my fights as youth) - but i cant support a party that goes overboard and creates an 8 letter acronym for some newly discovered community thats being "discriminated" against and hires teams of lawyers to take up their cause. i cant support a party that tries to take away my familys right to defend themselves or argues that castle doctrine or stand your ground laws should be eliminated because the people who make the headlines happen to be black.

but i dont think the govt has a right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. i think if gays want to be married they should be able to and have the same rights, benefits, and medical choices available to straight couples. i think those who make more, should pay more - theres no reason for the income disparity in this country and trickle down economics is MALARKEY !!!

so who should i have voted for?
what party do i support?
can i be a gun owning liberal and think that the liberal movement has lost their freaking minds or does that immediately lump me in with all the crazy racist white republicans?
am i a venom filled white guy spreading lies?
or am i fed up 6 figure earning black man?
does this mean everybody dislikes me now?
am i a plant for the nra or are my points the conclusion of research grants?
what does @M. Frary do when hes not quoting hundreds of threads? and when are we gonna go fishing?
wait its because im black isnt it....... (room gets quiet)
who really blew smoke?
why cant i be a smart as the europeans? would posting my degrees help or am i immediately discredited because american universities are....american?
who is eating all the big macs that were supposed to be going to the refugee camps?
why are the liberal comments on here some of the nastiest, judgemental, arrogant comments around? they are meaner than a guntoting whitey on veterans day.
how much did i drink at dinner?
what do you mean YOU PEOPLE???
is there a reward for finding the shoney big boy? cause i know where that fucker is at.
was i "a boy in the hood before the movie"?
why dont the british sound british when they sing?
how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?
Man... I go away for a 100 plus pages, come back... and you are still yapping about the same exact thing as when I left.
I think you need a hobby?
You should take up Bonsai... Lol!

Did I miss some political dictate recently or is it still true that "We The People" still do not elect the president, that the Electoral College still determines who is/will be president despite the "people's" vote??? Hmmm, maybe all this debate energy on who should be president could be funneled toward making it "the people" who elect our president, since we now have a system that can count our votes so fast, and the media publishes the results so fast , that the west coast knows how the east coast voted and it may actually inflence west coast voter turn out.

Oh, I forgot, we don't elect the president so it don't matter whether the west coast turns out or not.

I figured I'd pop in here on the eve of the end of one of the most ridiculous chapters in American history. Can't wait for Clinton to win tomorrow and for this trumpster fire of an election season to come to a close. Though of course, that will be followed by 4 more years of obstruction by the far right that will put this country further behind the rest of the world. Job well done, good ol' boys. Keep up the good work.

@M. Frary , you have too much time on your hands! Though I guess the appropriate follow-up to that would be, it's better than having too much of something else...I have to say, I caught your "bless your heart" response to someone a few days ago, and almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. That was hilarious. I don't think the recipient knew what you really meant.

Good for you, Jeremy! As one of the liberal/progressive members of this forum, I tuned out most of these people quite a while ago. It's probably all entertainment to you, but trust me - if you were actually living it, it wouldn't seem so entertaining. We are constantly subjected to this mindless babble. On every forum that I'm a member of, any political topic at all is dominated by these loudmouths that you describe so eloquently (and accurately), spewing their venom filled lies and half-truths. And yet, Clinton is the liar. Go figure!

Dump Trump!
Its amazing that some people are so excited to elect a criminal to the white house, someone who would be in jail in another time.
My opinion hasn't changed at all.
She is so corrupt, how can you be so glad?
If trump wins, I won't be celebrating.
If trump wins, I'll have a tiny bit of faith restored in the rule of law, and I'll hope he does OK.
If she wins, all my thoughts about where we are as a nation will be confirmed....and that is that we are a third world nation of chaos, mobs, riots, and the ruling class....we are Gomorrah, God is arming the nukes for round 2.

Trump supporter on the TV news... "Trump is not the perfect messenger, but he has the perfect message".

I guess the main message is the economic strife the country is in.....?
That's part.... and immigration, which books down to an economic issue too.
Why would a country with record unemployment bring in thousands of low educated, low skilled people from the pits of earth, who will go onto the welfare rolls immediately?
It's insane.
Unless you want to create the largest underclass as possible, because more government dependency equals more democrat votes.
That's how the democrats do it @fredman.
They keep their voting blocks poor and uneducated, and wanting more from the government....
It's supposed to be: ask not what your country can do for you....ask what you can do for your country....
The best thing people can do for their country is vote the crooks out.

Last edited:
Man... I go away for a 100 plus pages, come back... and you are still yapping about the same exact thing as when I left.
I think you need a hobby?
You should take up Bonsai... Lol!
Best line of the thread.

Always seems to be the case that the loudest Trump (well, conservative right wing in general) mouths on any forum have the least to say about the actual topic of the forum.

Best line of the thread.

Always seems to be the case that the loudest Trump (well, conservative right wing in general) mouths on any forum have the least to say about the actual topic of the forum.
I have plenty to say about bonsai.
But this is the tea house.
Just sayin....

I figured I'd pop in here on the eve of the end of one of the most ridiculous chapters in American history. Can't wait for Clinton to win tomorrow and for this trumpster fire of an election season to come to a close. Though of course, that will be followed by 4 more years of obstruction by the far right that will put this country further behind the rest of the world. Job well done, good ol' boys. Keep up the good work.

@M. Frary , you have too much time on your hands! Though I guess the appropriate follow-up to that would be, it's better than having too much of something else...I have to say, I caught your "bless your heart" response to someone a few days ago, and almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. That was hilarious. I don't think the recipient knew what you really meant.

Good for you, Jeremy! As one of the liberal/progressive members of this forum, I tuned out most of these people quite a while ago. It's probably all entertainment to you, but trust me - if you were actually living it, it wouldn't seem so entertaining. We are constantly subjected to this mindless babble. On every forum that I'm a member of, any political topic at all is dominated by these loudmouths that you describe so eloquently (and accurately), spewing their venom filled lies and half-truths. And yet, Clinton is the liar. Go figure!

Dump Trump!
Much appreciated.

It's quite literally the biggest collection of right-wing facist, racist bullshit I've ever read and it's on a fucking bonsai forum.

These ignorant people should be ASHAMED to call themselves Americans - I am ashamed of them even though I NO LONGER LIVE IN AMERICA MYSELF. That's right boys.

I was thinking about each candidate and in doing so, my thoughts went here.......:D:D:D:D:D

Subaru Brat Chevy Luv LUV.jpg
BRAT.jpg

They both suck. Sure, looks interesting and might actually be usable. Until you "buy" it....then realize how woefully inadequate it turned out to be........:mad::(
And then your stuck with it until the term length of the "loan" is reached.....:eek::mad:

Just want something that's not going to "burn" me down the road. When I look at these two, that's all I see.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom