Don’t go to Champion Nursery in S.C., off of 707

My neighbors have a house there. They call it "the Redneck Riviera" :) Though they mean it in an endearing way :)
… and I always thought “The Redneck Riviera” was on the Florida panhandle near Panama City. Fwiw, I’ve vacationed in both places and oddly feel comfortable in either place🤷🏼‍♂️😬.

… and I always thought “The Redneck Riviera” was on the Florida panhandle near Panama City. Fwiw, I’ve vacationed in both places and oddly feel comfortable in either place🤷🏼‍♂️😬.
Yup

I always thought the Redneck Riviera was from the Fla. panhandle over to Biloxi, Miss.--the North coast of the Gulf of Mexico. S.C. had nothing to do with it. Seems there's some nickname creep happening. Always knew Myrtle as the "Grand Strand" and traditionally much more highbrow than the "Riveria." But hey, I'm old.

We're actually staying in Ocean Isle Beach NC, just flying into Myrtle Beach, so maybe the exposure will be minimal. :D
Pick up some Oxtail stew or Chicken and brown sauce at Homestyle on your way. You will not be disappointed.

Their food Jamaica me crazy it is so good.

We're actually staying in Ocean Isle Beach NC, just flying into Myrtle Beach, so maybe the exposure will be minimal. :D
Ocean isle is nice! Myrtle beach isn’t really that bad. It’s just too busy for me with too many people. If you want future vacation locations that an are peaceful, check out oak island, edisto island, harbor island and fripp island. 😉

Ocean isle is nice! Myrtle beach isn’t really that bad. It’s just too busy for me with too many people. If you want future vacation locations that an are peaceful, check out oak island, edisto island, harbor island and fripp island. 😉
We're staying in Ocean Isle because the company my husband works for has a resort there that is free for employees. We just have to pay to get there.

I've been to Oakracoke Island and the bar there that has like 200 kinds of beers (was a lot at the time anyway). Thought it was a cool place but the fact it's prone to being a speed bump for coastal storms...don't think I'd want to live there

Back
Top Bottom