Does ANYONE really like or appreciate the bitchiness on this site?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Long for them days constantly.....and ya'll are a little light compared to where I was at. Can't keep that up long.
Got more money in my pocket these days, though......;):):):)
Life is a little less fun, but I'm always a happy drunk, if not a little more interesting.:oops::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
You can't cause your countries think they need to hold your hand and wipe your arse so they don't let you have triggers to pull. If you wanna pull something, pull my finger!

I said pull not push! Damn that language barrier with you foreigners! Can't you at least listen in American??? Now, look what you've done!!!!

Cyanide and happiness is COMEDY GOLD!!

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How about a tree in this thread....
@BunjaeKorea you familiar with this stuff.....I use it to brush my teeth.

View attachment 184530View attachment 184531
Oh man you just made my day....I am.sitting in an express bus laughing like an idiot with Koreans thinking that they shoukd move away from the crazy foreigner.....

Seriously though Hite is terrible and I did actually ban it from entering my house......even the mother in law knows not to buy it

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wow, I drank HARD for 10 years, from 20 to 30 y/o (quit daily drinking in 2015, but still fall of the wagon occasionally) in the form of getting wasted on mostly cheap beer every night and was a raging alcoholic. I drank on average 7-12 beers per night (on the low end early and on the higher end later). I don't know that I will ever stop missing it. I wouldn't say my life has really improved since, but my health has.

Sorry to be a buzz kill everybody.

I used to drink like that plus shots when I was younger... I have dropped the liquor and stay with medium rated beer for the last 35 years or so. Bottom line is I drink beer like water and just like it. No harm done, I don't get drunk, all good. A little more detail then I feel is needed - At 18 when I drank a quart of JD and beers I hit.35 on the meter - the Police did not believe I was in such good shape and did not press it - way to high tolerance... At he same time I realized just beer is good enough and I DO NOT EVER drive after even having a single beer, just adaption :)

Grimmy

RichS

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Beer bonsai and culturally diverse people tellin it how it is. I'm so glad I joined this site. It's like tv soaps mixed with the discovery channel. Best site ever?. Seriously I think all of yall are great. So much experience and knowledge mixed into a blender.

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Beer bonsai and culturally diverse people tellin it how it is. I'm so glad I joined this site. It's like tv soaps mixed with the discovery channel. Best site ever?. Seriously I think all of yall are great. So much experience and knowledge mixed into a blender.
Your kind words made me shed a sentimental tear.......but only one lol
I agree that this site is the bees knees

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I used to drink like that plus shots when I was younger... I have dropped the liquor and stay with medium rated beer for the last 35 years or so. Bottom line is I drink beer like water and just like it. No harm done, I don't get drunk, all good. A little more detail then I feel is needed - At 18 when I drank a quart of JD and beers I hit.35 on the meter - the Police did not believe I was in such good shape and did not press it - way to high tolerance... At he same time I realized just beer is good enough and I DO NOT EVER drive after even having a single beer, just adaption :)

Grimmy

I just can't stop before getting drunk, that's my problem. Then I wake up the next day, and everybody is pissed at me. I was that type. The worst part of quitting now is knowing how everything I do I could be enjoying so much more if I was tossing a few back. I will stop right here so I don't turn this into a self-help forum! o_O

Anyhow, just got that ebihara root training done on my trident maple late last night. It was a lot of work and I made a mess. But I think I gave the roots a good start in the right direction. More snow tomorrow, crazy.

RichS

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I actually was reading and learning from here way before I decided to register. If i had a question about something i would literally Google...example.. " root over rock bonsai" ..nut. As long as i put the NUT on the end of about anything related to bonsai I could normally find a thread where someone else in the world had asked something similar. It's amazing. I was already learning from you guys and gals way before I decided to put my toe in the water lol. Since joining ive had soo many people offering me advice and tips. They didn't have to do that. But they did. Sharing their knowledge. I mean people pay for stuff like that. One day I'll actually have a tree that I'm proud to share a picture of. And itll have a lot to do with the advise criticism sarcasm knowledge wit that I got from BonsaiNut!

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Regarding this ebihara method, it will have to be done again in a couple years on this trident, but I look at this as "phase 1" of the process. I hope this severe root pruning will cause a flush of new root growth all the way around at the right height, in addition to the roots that are already there. I painted the anderson flat white to repel heat. I am declaring war on black plastic and decided to paint most of my black plastic pots white.

20180401_004751.jpg

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Compared to a gun forum, this place feels like a Dale Carnage sleepover, LOL!

On a serious note, my rudimentary questions get answered pretty regularly. I typically will search the forum before i ask, but the truth is that I very often don't know what I don't know, and don't know how to search for it. I'm not easily offended, either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom