Does ANYONE really like or appreciate the bitchiness on this site?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm willing to argue with anyone about display of a tree on a bonsai forum. I don't care about your stupid beer or stupid politics, there is plenty of forums for that. I don't wish to critique your stupid stick, and I am offended when someone post a piece of shit in the name of bonsai. Put some wire on that thing, train it for a couple years, put some form into it, make it fit the profile of what bonsai really is. I don't wish to look at your crappy mallsai bent in the shape of an "S". Spend some time in your backyard "doing bonsai". There are plenty of threads on this place that rival anything seen on a pay per view site.
It just takes time to work the tree.
It takes time to develop your eye.
It takes time to figure out how to cut your losses and just throw that piece of shit in the dumpster.
It also takes time to learn how to be humble and not get your feelings hurt when you do post a piece of shit and someone tells you so.
It takes time to learn how to listen to someone.
...and....it takes probably the most time to learn how to shut your mouth and listen to what someone better than you is trying to tell you.

...but if you can't or won't so any of those things, have a nice day...I know I will and once I leave for the families home for egg hunts with grandchildren, saying a blessing over a wonderful meal, the last thing I will think about is how I'm perceived at this place.

Happy Easter

0BEEA62B-28D8-43E9-87F1-EB6C13F823A9.jpeg

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I met sorce in real life as a person recently. Wow! This man is for real and even makes sense. - well, most of the time. Hard to take.
He gave me a pot which I will treasure. Thank you.
Speaking about family.

I just thought @sorce was the stuff of bonsai lore, a forum legend, who didn't actually exist in real life. I may need an extra strong German beer to recover!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I didn't quote you.....

There are those here that do....I just wish to know how it's been applied. I could teach people how to do things in one day mano eh mano and you could post vast improvements the next day without spending a dime....

Oh the horror, someone is trying to teach the forbidden arts to the unwashed masses! Kill the infidel!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Need more young trees to combat Smoke's old fancy trees.

I declare I have also masterd this thing you call bonsai and with a proper beer!!! I will bask in my glory and listen to no one that offers me their input.

View attachment 184572
I prune better looking shit off my trees than that.. your not really spending time on this are you?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
uhh...I don't think that you will find a person here that has posted as much serious bonsai content about nearly every aspect of bonsai from awesome progressions to how to put a tree on display. Padder I am not..

I do understand your shortcomings though...it can be frustrating. ;)

(adding the smilly seems to soften the posts around here....so there)
Bitch, bitch, bitch...see, that's what the op was referring to.

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A couple of years ago I got tired of stuff around here. Every time I offered advice, I got the “show me your trees” speech. At some point I just decided to never offer any advice around here. It’s best that way. I show some of what I’ve done, nothing more any more.

I would say it seems to have calmed down here a bit in the last couple of years.

The ignore function is nice. Territorial people like to mark their territory by marking you(if you know what I mean.)!!

Here’s to navigating social infrastructures!!

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
How is this thread 9 pages long already?!?

Edit: Seems like as good a place as any to ask: are our avatars supposed to be our trees? Because I don't want people to think I'm actually good at this.
I would have problems using a tree that is not mine, precisely because it looks as if ot were. But that's just me. Other people have every right to be wrong on this issue ;)

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I drink 60+ beers a week and have for most of my life. The Wife firmly states - "He has never been drunk"...

I always buy 2 30 packs of Busch at a time - why? It sits proper, does not burp up like Budweiser and is still 4.9 percent, not to high or low. Here in PA there are more expensive beers of course but also far cheaper as well.

On occasion I do add a 24 pack of Yuengling black and tan, four of which go into the Liquor cabinet for cooking stew, chili, etc... Again it is a Stout but lighter and easier on the system - smoother if you will.

I don't care what others drink nor would ever Judge them for it - just know what works for me!

I wonder what the OP drinks - LOL :p

Grimmy

Wow, I drank HARD for 10 years, from 20 to 30 y/o (quit daily drinking in 2015, but still fall of the wagon occasionally) in the form of getting wasted on mostly cheap beer every night and was a raging alcoholic. I drank on average 7-12 beers per night (on the low end early and on the higher end later). I don't know that I will ever stop missing it. I wouldn't say my life has really improved since, but my health has.

Sorry to be a buzz kill everybody.

Top Bottom