Does anyone have cones on there trees?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49943

Was wondering is anyone has cones from their trees?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This pic is of my JWP from June 2022. Sold it late 2022 so never got to see the full cone and get seeds. My young black pines used to put out cones pretty regularly when i let them grow freely.

JWP.jpeg

D

Deleted member 49943

This pic is of my JWP from June 2022. Sold it late 2022 so never got to see the full cone and get seeds. My young black pines used to put out cones pretty regularly when i let them grow freely.

View attachment 514714

Thoose seeds are so hard find fresh right now. The Bestj wp seeds I can find are 3seasons old. How fresh should jwp be? I know they are tricky.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thoose seeds are so hard find fresh right now. The Bestj wp seeds I can find are 3seasons old. How fresh should jwp be? I know they are tricky.

I think fresh seed is a must in order to have good results, regardless of species. I buy my seeds From Sheffields Seeds because they provide dates of when the seeds are from. I have not yet seen JWP on their site.

JWP are tough to germinate from what I am told. If you can find seedlings, you are better off going that route.

D

Deleted member 49943

I think fresh seed is a must in order to have good results, regardless of species. I buy my seeds From Sheffields Seeds because they provide dates of when the seeds are from. I have not yet seen JWP on their site.

JWP are tough to germinate from what I am told. If you can find seedlings, you are better off going that route.

I cant find seedlings just grafted plants.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Not in stock anymore but I got some

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I cant find seedlings just grafted plants.
There is a guy on FB auctions selling em or was selling em by the name of Nick Sebesta.

I have not dealt with or bought anything from him, so i cannot comment on buyer experience.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I find them in garden center plants all the time. Most of these plants bear cones and all the cones contain fertilized seeds.
But it is stealing! And people shouldn't do that.
I think though, that grabbing a couple seeds from a tree doesn't hurt anyone. It's either me or the rats who get them.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ive had some of my trees make cones. I usually dont keep them on the tree because I dont want the tree putting energy into seeds.

D

Deleted member 49943

Not in stock anymore but I got some

Like for sale?

MGTT

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve a number on a JBP this year, still waiting for them to mature.
I had one on the tree last year and took it off about this time….unfortunately it never opened. So I’m leaving them on the tree longer this time around.IMG_2066.jpegIMG_2065.jpegIMG_2064.jpeg

Top Bottom