Bjorn’s Single Flush Pine technique explained!

As far as I can tell, BonsaiDawg has only posted photos once, of his Amur maple forest. I have not seen any other images of his trees.

Personally, I find the choice of material shocking. I would think this author would know that non-native, field grown Asian maples are neither cool nor unique nor hip whatsoever and the traditional placement of trunks in the grove is extremely archaic in nature. Definitely not pushing the aesthetic limits of what bonsai can and should be.

S

He mainly has it in for @Adair M ... I think he secretly has a crush on this esteemed southernly gentleman... the Foghorn Leghorn of American Bonsai!!
I remember this one! I thought dating was going to be like that for the longest time.

Come to think... I say come to think about it, it was!

aesthetic limits of what bonsai can and should be in this country gives 2 sh!ts about about non-native, field grown 5 needle Japanese pines
I suppose they're pushing those ponderosa pines with the miles long needles that need to have grafts from more suitable pines for bonsai to be anything resembling bonsai.
Ponderosa pines blow.
Like you do.

Of course Ryan has taken the time to explain every detail and nuance needed for these trees in every stage of development
And speaking of blowing.

I suppose they're pushing those ponderosa pines with the miles long needles that need to have grafts from more suitable pines for bonsai to be anything resembling bonsai.
Ponderosa pines blow.
Like you do.

And speaking of blowing.

BLOW ME [EDIT] Are we talking about little trees? Or did I miss something that suddenly made this site REALLY IMPORTANT so that we can rage at each other? [/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, please tone it down. When you first came to BonsaiNut, you posted a Pondy, and I gave you some helpful advice. And you thanked me for it. I even pointed you towards some Ryan Neil videos to help you. Back in those days, you were civil to everyone.

In your latest incarnation as the Dawg, you seem to act very aggressively towards everyone. I don’t know what’s happened, but it doesn’t reflect well on you. Everyone here wants to improve their skills with bonsai. Whether it be with native collected materials, or stuff bought from the local big box store, or imported masterpieces from Japan. There’s no one in bonsai that “knows it all”, and there’s no one who can’t improve.

Sure, we all have our preferences to species, styles, and methods, but for most of us this is a hobby, something fun to do and share with friends.

If you don’t like the stuff I post, you can ignore me. But spreading vitriol isn’t helping anyone. Please check your attitude at the door.

So are you a dick by nature, or do you have to work at it? Are you trying to become the most hated bnut member in the shortest amount of time? If you, congratulations you are well on your way.

Here's the interesting thing. When you first joined bnut in 2015 (using your real name) as a beginner (as you stated) you were polite and reasonable. Then you disappeared for a couple of years and reappeared as BonsaiDawg. Apparently you have been spending your time as a Bonsai Mirai member and now believe you are a master. Is that right? You've been all over this forum attacking people - members such as Adair and Leo, and also other bonsai artists such as Bjorn. What a poor reflection on Bonsai Mirai. I've been a member there for years now and you are a horrific ambassador for his program.

I've seen the trees you've been posting on the Bonsai Mirai forum Q&A's. Nice material for the most part, all American native species which is fine. Your styling of those trees, however, is incredibly conservative and bland. Which makes it particularly ironic that you are on here criticizing Adair for working with Japanese species and Japanese styling (for the most part), and also criticizing Bjorn for the same thing - when you have accomplished exactly nothing in bonsai.

Grow up, punk.

Knick Knacks Patty Whack.....

We must see the Dawg would not have brought up fellatio if he wasn't first accused of it.

So I leave loose Dawg reports to Greg.
I don't think that should be deleted cuz Frary isn't a girl.

Grown ups expect children to say, "no I'm not, you are", so I doubt Frary is shocked at the response.

Y'all could stop.

But we are in isolation and in terrible need of entertainment.

So if we can have a thread about the reproductive parts of a tree, we can handle a thread, with a bit of talk about human reproductive parts.

Children.

Sorce

If you push, you're going to get push back. Newton's Third Law. Dawg is pushing... has been pushing. I don't know why he thinks he needs to do that, but no one is going to stand for it. He needs to apologize for his childish behavior or GTFO. He's not adding anything positive to the group. Be humble, be supportive, be positive. If you disagree with someone, there are better ways to get your point across.

We seem to be getting more of these types lately. Is the virus affecting people's brains?

Is the virus affecting people's brains?

That would be zombie central!

What if this is wiping out the carriers of the thing that would Kill Everyone?

I would sacrifice my life for humanity.

That's why I don't mind people going, passing, dying.

I hope everyone over 22 dies.

That way the kids can start fresh with a child like innocence.

Better make it 12!

Sorce

Oops tell massah I ain't realize what thread this were.

Sorce

So are you a dick by nature, or do you have to work at it? Are you trying to become the most hated bnut member in the shortest amount of time? If you, congratulations you are well on your way.

Here's the interesting thing. When you first joined bnut in 2015 (using your real name) as a beginner (as you stated) you were polite and reasonable. Then you disappeared for a couple of years and reappeared as BonsaiDawg. Apparently you have been spending your time as a Bonsai Mirai member and now believe you are a master. Is that right? You've been all over this forum attacking people - members such as Adair and Leo, and also other bonsai artists such as Bjorn. What a poor reflection on Bonsai Mirai. I've been a member there for years now and you are a horrific ambassador for his program.

I've seen the trees you've been posting on the Bonsai Mirai forum Q&A's. Nice material for the most part, all American native species which is fine. Your styling of those trees, however, is incredibly conservative and bland. Which makes it particularly ironic that you are on here criticizing Adair for working with Japanese species and Japanese styling (for the most part), and also criticizing Bjorn for the same thing - when you have accomplished exactly nothing in bonsai.

Grow up, punk.
I remember a couple of years ago when I tried posting to Boon's web site where he was asking for opinions of the work he had done on a particular tree and what we thought the appropriate pot would be. I responded in a thoughtful and courteous manner. Wow you could not believe the fire storm I encountered from the SOB's. I just walked away and have not been back. I believe that originated from another individual named Chris who only had one tree. What I am pointing out is the cult mentality where some people believe they have god like understanding and skill just from being associatesd with someone who has god like skills and knowledge. The truth is---it does not become afforded to you by osmosis.

That would be zombie central!

What if this is wiping out the carriers of the thing that would Kill Everyone?

I would sacrifice my life for humanity.

That's why I don't mind people going, passing, dying.

I hope everyone over 22 dies.

That way the kids can start fresh with a child like innocence.

Better make it 12!

Sorce

Be careful what you wish for Sorce. It could be your family that they are digging graves for.
Hoping that anyone dies from this is deplorable and dispicable.
It makes me angry to read it and you should be ashamed to even think it.
Humanity has sacrificed in times of war but this isnt a war, its a damn virus.
No one need to have been "sacrificed" at all.

Be careful what you wish for Sorce. It could be your family that they are digging graves for.
Hoping that anyone dies from this is deplorable and dispicable.
It makes me angry to read it and you should be ashamed to even think it.
Humanity has sacrificed in times of war but this isnt a war, its a damn virus.
No one need to have been "sacrificed" at all.
Well put. My sentiments exactly

It kind of makes me sad that I finally found a good forum to learn about bonsai And it’s littered with bullshit nonsense from a guy who wants people to think he’s crazy, and some derelict using a white trash icon (pit bull with gold chain) for his avatar. Guess I’ll just move on from this one too.

It kind of makes me sad that I finally found a good forum to learn about bonsai And it’s littered with bullshit nonsense from a guy who wants people to think he’s crazy, and some derelict using a white trash icon (pit bull with gold chain) for his avatar. Guess I’ll just move on from this one too.

We have over 17,000 members. If you are upset by what one member says, feel free to use the "ignore" button... and enjoy the wisdom of the other 16,999. I can't monitor the behavior of 17,000 members... but you can :)

We have over 17,000 members. If you are upset by what one member says, feel free to use the "ignore" button... and enjoy the wisdom of the other 16,999. I can't monitor the behavior of 17,000 members... but you can :)
BNut is not without it's occasional controversy :) It's kind of like Clash of the Titans around here sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom