Jabuticaba care?

Is there a thread on yours?
Sorry, no. I can't seem to get my photos to work on my computer. Worked well for past 6 years or so and now it doesn't. I am not clever enough to outwit my computer. Hope to work it out because there were a few pictures I want to post and I also can't sell on Etsy or eBay now for this reason.

Frost levels are dropping from the mountains. Snowline moves below 1000m / 3000ft this weekend.

Daytime temps here are starting to hover around 50F. Night time times dropping towards 40. Guess it is time to bring in my tropicals. Today the last fish for the year. Trim and wire over the weekend I suppose.

Let's see whether Jabuticaba can be grown from cuttings in the cold north. Probably will fail, as all info I can find indicate they are VERY hard to propagate this way.

1602575692674.png

Today it was time to prep for spring. Weather is still too cold, but well.. sun intensity is increasing.
Yours is a great tree, full of personality. Congrats!
@leatherback are you keeping the suckers to thicken up the trunk?
I guess they are too low down to become branches, no?

keeping the suckers to thicken up the trunk?
This is exactly what I am keeping them for, for now. Not sure it will work, or even look OK. But I do het the feeling of inverse taper around the base every once in a while. Thought I might as well try!

great tree, full of personality
Thx Clicio. I am now just waiting to find out how to get these to flower :)

Managed to almost ill this. I put it outside and left it in a spot as it was clouded, should be fine. Left. Came back by the end of the day and the clouds had opened up. Ah well, some natural defoliation. It is picking up speed now, with the first new bud opening 2 days ago and now all over the tree I see new growth.

1624017280341.png

I place mine in one of the hottest and sunniest spots in my garden. And water a LOT! It is taking off! (After sulking for the past 8 months since I purchased!)
DAF63CF0-9AA4-4205-BBDD-D6D100629C68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom