Watering wand

Shamino

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can anyone suggest a good, durable brand name ultra fine watering wand (to hook to a hose for outside watering)?

If you have smaller trees, I would recommend the Joshua Roth watering wand. If you have big trees that dramm is hard to beat.

I have used both the Roth and the Dramm red but I prefer the Dramm. You do need good water pressure though.

I can vouch for the Masakuni wand. Its incredibly soft water even at low volume. (At high volume its soft as well, but low volume & soft is harder to come by.) If I couldn't find that, I might go w/ the Joshua Roth brand, but it has plastic components. I'd also seriously consider the wands that Jonas has. I haven't looked lately but remember them being a bit pricier.

I've used the Dramm 1000 Red, and still do when I need to put down a lot of water, but for my trees in pots, I prefer the japanese style wands. I've posted about it on several of these threads where you can find pictures if you'd like.

I have the Dramm red wand. It’s good, but it will still move soil around when watering. At some point I might try one of the Japanese ones, but it’s fine for me now.

Kaneshin copper wand with dramm one touch handle. I love it, works perfectly and the spray is very fine and soft. Best thing I’ve seen and had.

Attachments

• 398A8568-3C92-4294-9294-1CC9D437747D.jpeg
    398A8568-3C92-4294-9294-1CC9D437747D.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 66
I have a Gardena one, quite expensive but the shower is can be regulated from soft to hard, which is great if you have someone else watering for at least 4 weeks a year.

I can vouch for this one. Was a much finer spray than the dram 1000 red one.
Thats what I thought too when people keep saying the red one is the softer waterer....I have both and I thought the green one puts out finer water streams compared to red.

I got a 1000+ hole one from Amazon too, forgot the brand. It was less than $20.

Thats what I thought too when people keep saying the red one is the softer waterer....I have both and I thought the green one puts out finer water streams compared to red.
Dang...
I ordered the wrong one then. Next time :)

What's the diameter of the green one? Because the more holes the softer it will be. Unless of course you have high water pressure. In that case you need a proportioning valve. The softest one I have is the Joshua Roth (Kaneshin clone) and I can either blast roots with it or water seedlings depending on the water pressure.

I use this before the DRAMM 22730

What's the diameter of the green one? Because the more holes the softer it will be. Unless of course you have high water pressure. In that case you need a proportioning valve. The softest one I have is the Joshua Roth (Kaneshin clone) and I can either blast roots with it or water seedlings depending on the water pressure.

I use this before the DRAMM 22730
Click on the link above ..the Amazon page should have all that infos.

Click on the link above ..the Amazon page should have all that infos.
I did, all it says is that it has 661 holes. Depending on the diameter, it could be the safe holes per inch (kinda like MESH measurements), but if the holes are bigger it would give less pressure out. That's why Japanese wands have very small holes, so they can lower the water pressure and have a soft spray. This is how I use my 480AL, and my Joshua Roth. If I use full pressure the spray will be strong enough to disturb the soil.

I can vouch for the Masakuni wand. Its incredibly soft water even at low volume. (At high volume its soft as well, but low volume & soft is harder to come by.) If I couldn't find that, I might go w/ the Joshua Roth brand, but it has plastic components. I'd also seriously consider the wands that Jonas has. I haven't looked lately but remember them being a bit pricier.

I've used the Dramm 1000 Red, and still do when I need to put down a lot of water, but for my trees in pots, I prefer the japanese style wands. I've posted about it on several of these threads where you can find pictures if you'd like.

What do you use to connect the Masakuni to your garden hose? It seems the thread size is a bit different than the standard US hoses.

Back
Top Bottom