Home made watering wand.

Picture of my home made watering wand, I believe it’s going on three years now.

Thanks

Dramm full breaker head

IMG_3610.jpeg

Last edited:
@rockm no way, sorry to hear this, it looks really well made too. Oh well, that’s how it goes. You need the right tool for the right job.

I went through about a dozen wands before I decided to build my own which is in progress atm. I have a 3/4 bib, but a 1/2 pipe (which I didn't realize until wayyyyyy too late). The result is the majority of wands don't function wel.

I was going to essentially duplicate the Mirai "Garden Watering Set" as I've got a DRAMM 1000 handy :) Why did you pick copper? I was wondering how susceptible it would be to bending / etc?

I went through about a dozen wands before I decided to build my own which is in progress atm. I have a 3/4 bib, but a 1/2 pipe (which I didn't realize until wayyyyyy too late). The result is the majority of wands don't function wel.

I was going to essentially duplicate the Mirai "Garden Watering Set" as I've got a DRAMM 1000 handy :) Why did you pick copper? I was wondering how susceptible it would be to bending / etc?
Was this a question to me?

The copper I used is very ridged, I would guess it’s stronger than the cheap big box store aluminum wand, also seen the directions from heart of Dixie and it made sense. I was certified G 6 position when I was a young guy.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think I have a good parts list for a diy wand. I will assemble this soon. But the nozzle portion by Eley is made up of solid brass, and it has three interchangeable GPM screens. Of the three , one has to be perfect for bonsai trees. IMG_7844.pngIMG_7843.png

Never seen that type of water breaker, I like the option of the screen removal, easy cleaning.

Thanks

The only problem is, the showerhead is solid brass, so it’ll be a touch heavy

Was this a question to me?

The copper I used is very ridged, I would guess it’s stronger than the cheap big box store aluminum wand, also seen the directions from heart of Dixie and it made sense. I was certified G 6 position when I was a young guy.

Thanks
Hah, sorry I should've been more clear but you did answer my faux question in the end :) Strength of the copper pipe and it's pain and suffering when I drop it!

OK I got all the parts in today and I assembled my wand. The dramm wand is a 24 inch. It’s lightweight, but I can definitely see that it’s not gonna last very long.

Attachments

• IMG_7886.jpeg
    IMG_7886.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7887.jpeg
    IMG_7887.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 34
As someone who loves making tools and such, stumbling on this thread makes me happy. If my living situation and future home for my plants weren't in question I would be starting one tomorrow.

OK I got all the parts in today and I assembled my wand. The dramm wand is a 24 inch. It’s lightweight, but I can definitely see that it’s not gonna last very long.
You'll have to show off the spray pattern of that breaker, I assume you're going to use the finest one. It's a good looking piece

Ok, there are four different disks that come with the spray nozzle one through four GPM. I decided to use the lowest GPM number one. The spray padding is really nice and gentle. Makes me wanna try it as a showerhead in my bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_7907.jpeg
    IMG_7907.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7906.jpeg
    IMG_7906.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7905.jpeg
    IMG_7905.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7904.jpeg
    IMG_7904.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Zac
Hey John what are the threads that are on the back side of the Eley head if I can ask?

I like all of this info fellas. I am going to build one of these but would like to find a water shut off like the ones that are on a Dram with thumb control that I can put at the back end of the wand. Any help with that? Thanks1

Back
Top Bottom