The Tree Thread

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
Thanks!

But now you owe the thread two photos of you trees!

View attachment 176872
Fair enough, but my photographer (me) isn't nearly as skilled as yours. The first is a Korean Hornbeam that I have been bringing along for a few years now ( I was really intrigued by the unusual planting angle ). The second is the literati that I will repot in the spring and prune after the spring push getting ready for a September show ( I hope ). Still haven't found the right pot for the literati though, any suggestions?

Attachments

• K. Hornbeam1232017-first styling new front.jpg
    K. Hornbeam1232017-first styling new front.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 752017 Literoti status (2).jpg
    752017 Literoti status (2).jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 54

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
Still haven't found the right pot for the literati though, any suggestions?
A rough, dark brown unglazed nanban style pot would work well with this. Some examples here for instance: http://www.langbonsai.com/round.htm

Continuing the literati theme, this is a Scots pine I collected two years ago, which I think is probably strong enough to start working this year. It has a marked sinuous three-dimensional movement you can't see in the picture.

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
A rough, dark brown unglazed nanban style pot would work well with this. Some examples here for instance: http://www.langbonsai.com/round.htm

Continuing the literati theme, this is a Scots pine I collected two years ago, which I think is probably strong enough to start working this year. It has a marked sinuous three-dimensional movement you can't see in the picture.

Tom, Thanks but the Lang pots you recommended are outstanding but pricey. I was thinking of this green pot after repotting its present occupant in the late spring.

Attachments

• Tanuki -262018.jpg
    Tanuki -262018.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 48

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score

Attachments

• 02-06-18 Driftwood.jpg
    02-06-18 Driftwood.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 41
  • 02-06-18f Driftwood.jpg
    02-06-18f Driftwood.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 02-06-18e Driftwood.jpg
    02-06-18e Driftwood.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 35

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Your kidding, right? That's not a RMJ.

You must feel wonderful. I don't know how this reply got misplaced to refer to the Hornbeam above but do you really think I don't know the difference between a Hornbeam and an RMJ?, give me a break. The Mugo which is another possibility for your confusion is my contribution to the title of this thread where we have all agreed every post must be accompanied with a tree picture. Incidentally where is yours?????

Here is my contribution also not an RMJ.DSC_0109 copy.JPG

SantaFeBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
“Incidentally where is yours”

Now you got me confused. The pic on your thread says I think this is a rmj which it is not. I should’ve put a wink emoji for you. A poor attempt at a joke I suppose

B65B7E54-DA54-48CA-BB54-54390D1843D6.jpeg

I guess I owe a tree none the less. Here’s a new kinsai

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Now you got me confused. The pic on your thread says I think this is a rmj which it is not. I should’ve put a wink emoji for you.
Maybe if you had posted the picture and or the post it came from we could come to agreement. For so many years I have had people come at me for anything they think I got wrong you kind of acted like a pop-corn kernel on a sensitive tooth with this remark. My response was for post #1472 or there about. How it got here is beyond me.

Top Bottom