The Shohin Tree Thread

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you happen to have any pics of the dogwood defoliated? That this is amazing.
Any tips for keeping these things alive? I have a couple I collected a year ago. I planted em in the ground. To my surprise they would get droopy if not watered regularly early this summer. I started watering them more and they put out a lot of new growth. Like 10 inch straight shoots. I trimmed back part of the growth mid summer on one of them and it think it might have killed it.
Per the “rules” of the thread, your supposed to post a pic of one of your shohin with ever comment.

Also. Here’s some info on sagebrush. Can’t remember if any of it is useful. 😂

IMG_6828.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Little 'Mystic Mikawa' project I started this year. I actually didn't obtain this cultivar intentionally, the vendor was supposed to be sending me a ginkgo but either they whiffed or were out of stock so I recieved this instead 😅. It just kind of sat in the nursery pot for a year until I decided it would be a good partner for this really cute vessel made by an unknown potter.

Still not too much to look at and I'd like to get it more flush with the lip of the pot in a year or so, but I really enjoy the leisurely energy the tree projects in tandem with the pot. The pot gives me a relaxing illusion of the bank of a stream or pond with many fish swimming about, the maple providing them shade.

Attachments

• 20231029_134523.jpg
    20231029_134523.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom