Spring Grow Bed Soil Amendment Recommendations

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm looking for some general horticultural advise on amending my soil this spring. I've been fertilizing my trees with Miracle Grow 20-20-20, full strength every week, for the last few years. The results have been great but I'd like to put some life back into my soil this spring and I'm a bit concerned with the possible Phosphorous build-up. I think I'm going to change over to Miracle Grows shake n-feed 18-6-12, semi-organic, this year. I'd also like to maintain good aeration.

Recommendations?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm looking for some general horticultural advise on amending my soil this spring. I've been fertilizing my trees with Miracle Grow 20-20-20, full strength every week, for the last few years. The results have been great but I'd like to put some life back into my soil this spring and I'm a bit concerned with the possible Phosphorous build-up. I think I'm going to change over to Miracle Grows shake n-feed 18-6-12, semi-organic, this year. I'd also like to maintain good aeration.

Recommendations?
I feel a good layer of compost worked into the upper 20cm helps retain moisture, aiding in good growth. And as it decomposes, all sorts of goodies become available. I add horse manure and mature compost to mine.

Top Bottom