Show your 2024 maple colors!

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks, and we love Wyoming. Just a bit low on the grow zone side of life for my blood :)
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a zone or two warmer for the trees. But it would be hard to give up a lot of the other things I love about Wyoming.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Even if the graft isn't great, they root well. Here's one of my Wilson's Pink Dwarf air layers from last year.

View attachment 537105
View attachment 537106
Curious to see how it performs on its own roots. Especially that cold. When did you start the layer?
20240330_115646.jpg20240330_115659.jpg
Katsura leaves looking better after yesterday's frost.
Frost is why i put the side boards on the box.

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered a Peve Multicolor from Maplestone. And I blame you @andrewiles ! 😂
It's past the spring color, but these leaves are still pretty awesome.
View attachment 537318
Haha. It's a finicky one but I love it. I honestly don't know how you manage these maples in zone 4, or how you're already leafing out ahead of me in some cases.

My Peve Multicolor is now moving on to yellow white instead of pink white. Can't complain.

Do you have Murakumo? Another fun one with speckled leaves. I'll try to take a photo of mine tomorrow.

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Haha. It's a finicky one but I love it. I honestly don't know how you manage these maples in zone 4, or how you're already leafing out ahead of me in some cases.

My Peve Multicolor is now moving on to yellow white instead of pink white. Can't complain.

Do you have Murakumo? Another fun one with speckled leaves. I'll try to take a photo of mine tomorrow.
I don't have Murakumo. Another one for the list..? lol

The Peve Multicolor just came, so that's not a reflection of my climate. But the other maples are all kept in my garage over winter with temps usually between 30 to 40F. The bonsai shuffle begins when buds start breaking; then I'm giving them as much sunlight as possible when temps are high 30's and up. Most of the cultivars are on pallets, so I just use a pallet jack to move them in and out.

Top Bottom