Looking for high-end unglazed pot

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a Japanese/antique Chinese unglazed rectangular pot 17" x 12" x 5.5" or close. Interested in more towards a high-end container preferably old with patina.

Thanks,
MACH5

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
with this covid... I am up to plastic pots for years...
Good luck on your search!
Is this for the hornbeam???

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hi all,

I am looking for a Japanese/antique Chinese unglazed rectangular pot 17" x 12" x 5.5" or close. Interested in more towards a high-end container preferably old with patina.

Thanks,
MACH5
Check with Matt Ouwinga or Michael Ryan Bell or the guy on Facebook that goes by Nel Son.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Unless it is for a commission.
Why don’t you just contact a potter and have them make you what you need?

Sure I could but I'd like to have one now for a spring repotting so that may not work.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Is this for your big Thuja? That puppy is best of show this fall.

Here are a couple that are close.
8D3087FD-E491-45F0-BC36-25BEB8000C49.png
89F8D91B-94BD-414D-BC1B-4EB91651DFA2.png

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Is this for your big Thuja? That puppy is best of show this fall.

Here are a couple that are close.
View attachment 296715
View attachment 296722

LOL how'd you guess? It is for the Thuja. But probably will be more ready for 2022 Nationals. Thanks Bri! Will take a look at these.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Unless it is for a commission.
Why don’t you just contact a potter and have them make you what you need?

There is also a deep deep difference between a new pot, and a patina'd antique, especially when displaying at the highest levels.

Sorce

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks,
MACH5
I've been searching for about a month. The depth is the most difficult measure to find for myself.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I've been searching for about a month. The depth is the most difficult measure to find for myself.

I hear you. I found ones but also too shallow. The pot my other Thuja is in would also go well with this one. But a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul! :rolleyes:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wonder if these pots you fellers are seeking don't exist because they cater to the uneccesary American need to use deep pots for safety concerns that shouldn't exist?

Sorce

chansen

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hi all,

Thanks,
MACH5
I'd suggest checking with Matt Reel. He recently acquired a very nice antique Chinese pot for a friend of mine for a tree that placed in the Artisan's Cup. The tree is super nice and needed the perfect pot, and he found it. With his connections over there, I'm sure he could find you something. If you want Matt's contact info, message me and I'll share it.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I'd suggest checking with Matt Reel. He recently acquired a very nice antique Chinese pot for a friend of mine for a tree that placed in the Artisan's Cup. The tree is super nice and needed the perfect pot, and he found it. With his connections over there, I'm sure he could find you something. If you want Matt's contact info, message me and I'll share it.

Great thank you! Let try a few other avenues first and will let you know.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I wonder if these pots you fellers are seeking don't exist because they cater to the uneccesary American need to use deep pots for safety concerns that shouldn't exist?

Sorce

Perhaps, but in this case the tree does need something a bit deeper for esthetic reasons not really for horticultural ones.

Top Bottom