Literati Tosho

Reaction score
very nice tree, a year or two refinement and a new smaller pot and you have a real winner, great material

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
Something about that branch looking like a continuation of a loop is distracting to me.

I'd like to see that branch moved away from the front of the trunk too.

It feels disconnected somehow.

View attachment 121480

Wait wait....

Less foliage.View attachment 121481

?

Sorce
I was thinking of that as well with perhaps the addition of more right bend of the main stem ( where it already shows )?

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last pot good, trunk great but when drops down becomes uninterestingo_O.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I really like the pot for it. I wonder if planting a bit off center to the right would be a good choice?
I played around with placement: setting it off-center in a round pot just looked like a mistake; and to balance the left movement with right placement made the whole composition look like a rookie error. Centering it left/right supports the visual tension of the unbalanced foliage. I did place it slightly forward to make the pot appear smaller.

Do you have a particular pot in mind?
Older!:p

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks for that explanation, I'm sure you would put it in the best placement. Having the tree in front of you makes all the difference. The first bend in that trunk is mesmerizing to look at.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
In the original pot it seemed to have a 方輪車 (katawakuruma) style design etched on the sides. Do you know the history of this 模様 (moyou) or pattern?

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
In the original pot it seemed to have a 方輪車 (katawakuruma) style design etched on the sides. Do you know the history of this 模様 (moyou) or pattern?
The original pot is by Sara Rayner, and she calls that slip texture "combed", so I doubt even she knows what you're talking about. A search of the term translated katawakuruma to "half-wheel"; showing rolling hills and karate moves.

Top Bottom