Japanese Red Maple rooted cuttings

Brandon Gilbert

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9/1
Looking for rooted cuttings for future bonsai potential. Was told to ask the amazing people here for things, I will pay shipping and cost of you would like. I purchased some seeds online but they have not came in the mail yet and they are a week and a half overdue. So instead of seeds we (my wife and I) are gonna try by cuttings.

Looking for rooted cuttings for future bonsai potential. Was told to ask the amazing people here for things, I will pay shipping and cost of you would like. I purchased some seeds online but they have not came in the mail yet and they are a week and a half overdue. So instead of seeds we (my wife and I) are gonna try by cuttings.
What are you looking for specifically? Almost all JM are red in the Fall. I have a bunch of those...
Blood good is one variety that is usually red all year, but they have thick coarse growth... And then there are the lace leaf/ cut leaf varieties like "Crimson Queen".... But they are a little harder to root from cuttings I believe... Do you have a pic of the type you want?

Have you checked out if your area has a bonsai club? Most members trade cuttings and such, and clubs are a great way to learn the basics.

I posted on your other post. Let me know how many you want. I'll have to go see what I have left but I know I have atlease one true red left.

Evergreen Gardenworks - Brent Walston - right now Feb 2016 he has
http://www.evergreengardenworks.com/

11 named varieties of cutting grown cultivars of Acer palmatum - including several with red foliage, one "pine bark" variety, and one variegated variety, plus a couple dwarfs.
2 named varieties of cutting grown Trident maple cultivars
7 other maples, either seed or cutting grown.

Many of the trees in my collection have come from Evergreen Gardenworks. He has excellent stock, all his stock is grown to be or become pre-bonsai. You will be pretty happy with his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom