Final countdown for entries!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Out of ~100 original contestants? 10% in bonsai growing seems pretty good.
There are a lot who still have trees... but just didn't/couldn't enter. My entry is nothing I'm particularly proud of... but the hard stop at six years was a challenge. In a couple more years I think I will have something decent however.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
There are a lot who still have trees... but just didn't/couldn't enter. My entry is nothing I'm particularly proud of... but the hard stop at six years was a challenge. In a couple more years I think I will have something decent however.
Exactly. Out of the several hundred seedlings that germinated, I probably have 8-10 that I'm still refining or growing on. It'll be fun to periodically post updates to see how they develop and hopefully turn into something decent over the next 5-10 years.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b9
I think the final turnout answers a lot of questions that were asked around the start of the contest.

Puts the JBP shohin in the BT Article into perspective when you think some guys alone planted over 1000 seeds and we are down to 10 finalists!

Thank you to everyone who took part, this contest was a valuable source of information for me and I hope to continue to track the progress of your trees!

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe after the results are in we can extend the contest to 10 years or so and see what happens in the next 4 years. I don't want to stop posting progress pics in my thread twice a year :)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Maybe after the results are in we can extend the contest to 10 years or so and see what happens in the next 4 years. I don't want to stop posting progress pics in my thread twice a year :)
I still have a number of them that I stuck in the ground about 18 months ago. Next spring I am going to lift them and repot (they are still in pond baskets - just pond baskets in the ground).

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't have to be a contest as I will continue w/mine and update my thread. Heck I still have a mame from that old contest too:)

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Whoops! I missed this. I thought it was the end of the season. I can get pics ... within a week?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Whoops! I missed this. I thought it was the end of the season. I can get pics ... within a week?
Sorry - Walter already has the images and is reviewing them. You'll have to jump on the "10 year update" contest :)

Top Bottom