Fall 2016 Contest.....Sponsors! Prizes!

Reaction score
Sorry I can't read!

View attachment 122915

I hope that one is ok!

Wow! OK?
That's fantastic!

PM me when you can! Be safe on the road!

@sawgrass .....
Take one off the table!

Then somebody might have to go find @Vance Wood !

@M. Frary. Where is Vance?

I don't know about you all....
But seeing who is selecting what is just as delightful as the trees!

Sorce
I want to say thank you Sorce for putting on the event, as well to the Sponsors, you guys supplied some awesome items, and made it fun! And hopefully some people participated, that would might not of...

However, I just did this for the fun of it.
So, I would like to pass on picking an item.
Thanks.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I want to say thank you Sorce for putting on the event, as well to the Sponsors, you guys supplied some awesome items, and made it fun! And hopefully some people participated, that would might not of...

Thanks.
That's cool, but I had a thought. We've already had a "newest to bonsai" prize. What if you chose either the Kaneshin knob cutters, or the kit from Kimura Bonsai Nursery and you and @sorce put your heads together and chose another relative noob - "Most promising Nut?"

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Thanks.

Thank You Sawgrass!

You're pot cutting technique deserved a win itself!

@Vance Wood throw that garbage can lid and come on tell us what prize you want!
The Eli pot, the BP tool kit, and the Kaneshin cutters are still on the table.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How about a shout out to our 4 entries that tied for 6th place.
@VAFisher @Josh88 @thomas22 @Stickroot

Told you this was going to get interesting...

@VAFisher @Josh88 @thomas22 @Stickroot

Here is the tie breaking shootout.

I will unlock the Contest thread later today with only the 6th place entries viewable. It will stay unlocked for a few hour voting window, at which time....we must find a clear winner for the last prize.

Stay tuned.....the fun is not over yet!

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'll be calling Vance today about another matter. I don't know for sure if he's home.
He did get a smartphone but I don't have the number for it.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Congrats to all the winners and everyone who participated. This was a fun contest. My tree is still alive after the hack job and actually pushing some growth - which is cool. We should do something similar to the last contest where we re-post our trees a year or 2 later. It will be fun to see where these trees go from here.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Thanks.
It was your tree that set the bar so high. Spurred the rest to do so good I think.
I know your comment about think shohin when selecting material stuck with me and from now on will be the first criteria for selecting contest material for me from now on.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Bit late in this as I was stricken with the man flu yesterday but congrats to all the winners, well deserved!
Also cheers to the sponsors and sorce for making this happen. It was good fun and as I said it pushed me to try new things but after seeing all the entries I can push a bit further next time.

Definitely up for another challenge of some sort in the future, will be having a number of trees delivered soon of which I have doubled up on some just for bonsai, but don't tell the wife. :D

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice trees and good fun! Lets show em all again in summer to see who survived. Mine included as I beat the crap out of it, took pics then left him for weeks to go on vacation so... daughter and grandkids watering some. Gulp

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Grats to everyone that won, participated and learned something from the contest.

@sorce
Would you mind making a thread and post pics of the winners so they are all in one place for us to see instead of wade through the different threads/posts generated by this contest?

Thanks

Top Bottom