Fall 2016 Contest....Who's in?

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I had to!!:(
View attachment 118224

Some very cool prizes!! Couldn't really figure out something that would take abuse so late in the season. At least around here. That, and I'm broke!!:D:D
Super generous sponsors!!

Why'd you make me stare at that for 10 mins

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce thread!! kinda' figured "anything goes!!

More reflective of the great prizes up for "grabs" heheehee....:rolleyes:

@Giga violated his tree!! Some serious bending!!

At this point, every verb makes me chuckle!!
jim.gif

What do you want from me, I hang out with a three year old!?!?:D:D:D:D:D

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I did a little something with a hibiscus I got off the clearance rack for $1.75. But I'm not going to embarrass myself and enter my pathetic attempt. Everything posted beats the shit out of mine. However, it was good experience and practice for me to do something more than the timid pruning I've done on my trees so far. So it was fun. Good luck everyone!

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I did a little something with a hibiscus I got off the clearance rack for $1.75. But I'm not going to embarrass myself and enter my pathetic attempt. Everything posted beats the shit out of mine. However, it was good experience and practice for me to do something more than the timid pruning I've done on my trees so far. So it was fun. Good luck everyone!
Keep it warm and it will do good. Really warm:)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Keep it warm and it will do good. Really warm:)
I was actually inspired by the ones you did. Mine sucks compared to yours, but I had to give it a shot. I just ran out and brought it inside, lol.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I've finished styling my "masterpiece". I'm giving it a couple days to make tweeks and waiting for some good light to take a picture,

Do take that extra time and when you think you have finished then take a bit more.
My tree was ready, I had the pics and was going to upload them in the morning but overnight saw something different so I restyled it a bit the next day and entered it.
Still the tree is slightly different now than in my final pic, nothing major but I think it is now closer to where it should of been. Either way I have enjoyed this challenge and even more so the tree. I have tried something new and that has given me confidence to keep on going, thinking of buying the other two trees that had left but I'm already on shaky ground with commandeering plants for bonsai.

Sunwyrm

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Nooo! Enter that puppy! Let's see it! :D

Rusty Davis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@sorce

Thank you, and thank you for doing this! It got me off my a$$ and made me put on my big boy pants.
I don't have any nice pots yet so I tried to wow with a nice rock and moss. It was fun, it pushed every level of bonsai skill that I have or don't have lol
Maybe we can meet up sometime and have a beer or chop up a bush I always enjoy learning.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Oh cool! I didn't even know you were so close...close? Maybe not!

I can't lie...I have very little free time and I already owe my guys in Winsconsin and Michigan a trip....and me and @faker still gotta get to The Hidden Gardens...not to mention making pots for @Mellow Mullet

I'm totally in though!

By the time I can do it...maybe my trees will actually be good too!
My youngest is 4 so in 14 years the latest!

You're on my list!

Again...the composition is Awesome!

Sorce

Top Bottom