Extreme Bonsai

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You cannot tell the difference between sarcasm and an improbable accusation? However; how do you describe the crowd that showed up at the UC at Berkly to protest the invited speach by Ann Coulter? They showed up in black jump suits, ski masks, clubs and fire. The left has lost it's sense of humor unless it is at someone else's expense. It is not the Conservetives that show up like this, it is you lefties that violently demand that kind of change you want to happen.

You wrote: If you cannot have a civilized discussion, then maybe you need to rethink why you are participating in a public forum. Otherwise, you just degrade the level of discourse here. It is not I that has shoved this in the dumpster. It makes me wonder where you came from and have you even looked at my record on the forum? Your 67 posts trump my 10,000 plus?

the left doesnt like looking in the mirror anymore - did you see the backlash from dana loesch ad - accused of enciting violence where the background of the ad was actually showing these "peaceful protests" from the left?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5488269057001/

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
the left doesnt like looking in the mirror anymore - did you see the backlash from dana loesch ad - accused of enciting violence where the background of the ad was actually showing these "peaceful protests" from the left?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5488269057001/
You're right, I see this all of the time. Thanks for having my back on this one. Soemtimes I feel like it's not worth it to hang around here just for the sake of a bunch of little trees and the people that grow them. I am currently debating with myself as to whether I want to participate in our clubs annual show because of this. The left is so certain that they are right they forget that the truth is the truth and when it's out there and in you face it's pretty difficult to deny it's existence.

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You're right, I see this all of the time. Thanks for having my back on this one. Soemtimes I feel like it's not worth it to hang around here just for the sake of a bunch of little trees and the people that grow them. I am currently debating with myself as to whether I want to participate in our clubs annual show because of this. The left is so certain that they are right they forget that the truth is the truth and when it's out there and in you face it's pretty difficult to deny it's existence.

no problem.

i figure anybody who gets accused of racism, xenophobia, hitler worship (and who knows what else) every time they post a conservative viewpoint , but STILL offers up free help/advice to everyone who needs it on here, cant be all that bad.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I have heard of a lot of scientists that disagree with the Climate Change scenario, I have even heard some of the interviewed and what they had to say. You wrote: I am yet to see any scientist disagreeing with climate change. Maybe you are not looking or not listening. The problem is these people put their lives and careers on the line and find themselves vilified in much the same way I have experienced for disagreeing with this point of view here. People who have spent their entire lives in a particular field are loath to not only put that education and career on the line for trying to oppose this stuff but they risk the welfare of their families. It is not unreasonable that many of these people would hide their lights under a bushel much in the way that many were forced to do during the onslaught of Nazi science against the Jews in the 40's.

It takes a special kind of bias to simultaneously argue that there are a lot of scientists that disagree with the 97% majority, and they are running around telling enough people in recorded or written or broadcast form that you would have a chance to hear or read them saying it, and yet, they are afraid to publish their data, and subject it to scrutiny, because it would ruin them.

Your 67 posts trump my 10,000 plus?

As if that has even a tiny bit of weight on this issue. Alex Jones has said 100 times as much about climate science on television as anybody at CalTech. It doesn't mean he has a clue, much less than he knows more than the guys at CalTech.

The left is so certain that they are right they forget that the truth is the truth and when it's out there and in you face it's pretty difficult to deny it's existence.

The right does the same. Try listening to the middle and the non-partisans sometimes. We listen to data and facts without the fierce screen of left-right bias.

It's a hammer.

Here's an interest source for you, Sorce.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Hammer

Baloney! Being from land of fruits and nuts not surprised to see you believe it:rolleyes:.

Those who live in glass houses, or Oregon, should not cast stones.

You ever hear of common sense? That's being able to smell when something stinks of dishonesty:eek:.

C'mon, grab @milehigh_7 and Vance and put your heads together to tell us where and how NASA and Dr. Yung got it so wrong. I mean, if it's just common sense, there should also be some data to show us, some obvious errors to point out in their data. Yet, no one can ever point those out.

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Post your extreme weather bonsai pics and stories here.

106 degrees F
9% humidity
11mph winds
Phoenix

Summer is here. 99 degrees F at 10:00pm last night.
Mister engaged.
View attachment 148374
F#@k that sort of temps im glad i live in the rainy uk where we are lucky if we get 5 days of sun in a summer. Lol
It was just over 30°c around 85°f here last week for 5 days running it nearly brought the whole country to a stand still but it was in the 90% humidity.

Last edited:

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I should come visit you. I always bring my California weather with me when I travel to the British Isles.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
(remember all those planes grounded last week because it was too hot to fly?

If you check into it you'll find that on the same day a year earlier planes were grounded because the air was to hot for them to develop needed lift. It's nothing new, simple airplane saftey precautions.

Reaction score
You cannot tell the difference between sarcasm and an improbable accusation? However; how do you describe the crowd that showed up at the UC at Berkly to protest the invited speach by Ann Coulter? They showed up in black jump suits, ski masks, clubs and fire. The left has lost it's sense of humor unless it is at someone else's expense. It is not the Conservetives that show up like this, it is you lefties that violently demand that kind of change you want to happen.

You wrote: If you cannot have a civilized discussion, then maybe you need to rethink why you are participating in a public forum. Otherwise, you just degrade the level of discourse here. It is not I that has shoved this in the dumpster. It makes me wonder where you came from and have you even looked at my record on the forum? Your 67 posts trump my 10,000 plus?
I do not really understand these statements about left and right. Is climate change associated with a party in the USA???? Cause here in Europe it is not. Angela Merkel has talked about climate change 2 or 3 days ago (Paris convention that the USA refused to sign) and she is from the right.

I have heard of a lot of scientists that disagree with the Climate Change scenario, I have even heard some of the interviewed and what they had to say. You wrote: I am yet to see any scientist disagreeing with climate change. Maybe you are not looking or not listening. The problem is these people put their lives and careers on the line and find themselves vilified in much the same way I have experienced for disagreeing with this point of view here. People who have spent their entire lives in a particular field are loath to not only put that education and career on the line for trying to oppose this stuff but they risk the welfare of their families. It is not unreasonable that many of these people would hide their lights under a bushel much in the way that many were forced to do during the onslaught of Nazi science against the Jews in the 40's.

As to the symposia you attend. I would tend to believe that it is much like a bonsai show, where the symposia is made up of the best names and loudest voices in the field. Odds are if you are one of those who oppose the cause celeb you will be marginalized if not vilified. If you manage to get invited at all it will be at your own risk as itemized previously.

Sorry. That's not how science works. You have a biased view of science. Not sure where you got that idea, but is surely is not a valid one. Science is made of major breakthroughs that break with previous ideas... It's always been like that.

Surely you believe in evolution!

I surely do. But it is not a matter of faith. It is demonstrated...

The problem is one of scale. Natural evolution takes time... much longer than that of climate change if occurring. Most species won't have time to adjust. Moreover, many species have evolved in a time when Earth was a lot colder so they are already at their upper limit of tolerance...
PDF

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Is any one interested in talking about Bonsai in this thread anymore, or is it OK to abandon it?

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am, just been waiting I had some extreme bonsai things to share but..........

it's gotten so extreme I think my shit will be lame LOL

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Just goes to show you how one little Jokingly stated thing can cause the end of the world.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or just go ask a penguin or polar bear if Global Warming is a hoax.

"Global Warming" is a myth.

Them Polar bears sure is losing their ice.

People are the next seals!

_____

But.....

And @Vance Wood

I watched "Impossiball"...

A flat Earth Documentary.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

I might read the Bible and find my maker again!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I surely do

I may not.

I always wondered why we always see the same stars.....no matter where we "are"...

I don't believe we landed on the moon.....never have...

But now....

Now..................

After thinking the Devil is in the Money since I been like 8.......

It IS Satan's plan!

Wow.

And I thought I was awake then!

Long way to go!

You may have to check in with me in the afterlife!

Sorce

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Them Polar bears sure is losing their ice.

People are the next seals!
No.
Sadly enough,they're dieing.
But then again so are the seals.
They're made for a polar environment.
Which is receding because of Global warming.
I thought you watched p.b.s. and the show Nature.
I guess I was wrong about you.
You spout off about balance.
But you don't know a thing really.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I guess I was wrong about you.

Stop that!

We're a plague no doubt.
At least in our "lied to" form.

But I don't believe we have the capability to effect the entire (possibly flat) Earth.

I do believe Polar Bears and Penguins will figure it out.

Black bears got to eating our shit real fast....

Give them Polar Bears a chance!
They're coming.

Balance.

Fucking give them guns.

Balanced!

Oooh! It's OUR responsibility to maintain that balance.

Same like we oughhta stop cutting fins off a sharks.

Is the burning off of wire coating in the fire a highly sarcastic joke that I believed?

Or do you actually do that....
AND think we can effect the whole earth....
AND care about the Polar Bears?

If so... That is very contradictory.
Unless one of the three is not true.

Anyway...
Brother....
This is the same me.

The same me that loves all of you no matter what EVER!

Because that's the ONLY invariable thing I know will be true and correct forever!

Love!

Sorce

Top Bottom