Bonsai shadow thread

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was just cruising the yard by flashlight. Suddenly thought hmmm, this could be interesting.
A couple minutes later a thread started. This is old plywood, flashlight and iPhone. I'll bet some cool and much better images can be made with the concept. I'm sure I've seen some shadow shots on people's threads here already, dedicated thread might be fun. Anyone like to try? Let's see some shadows. image.jpg

image.jpg

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I also captured a nice early morning shadow a couple weeks ago, from my Norway Spruce, recently worked on by Bjorn. The branch on the top right looks bad because it hasn't been wired yet, but I thought the light and shadow was striking.20170921_075721.jpg

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great idea for a thread.....will have to try the nighttime idea.......here is the best one I have.
Cool shot! This technique might be good for getting new ideas for restyling trees. I think your tree would look great if you could introduce the bend shown in the shadow!

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Cool shot! This technique might be good for getting new ideas for restyling trees. I think your tree would look great if you could introduce the bend shown in the shadow!
Which tree? As all 3 of them have bends in them lol.
Ps your spruce has lots of character, perhaps you are thinking of something other than a traditional pot?, say a rock/concrete slab, similar to what W. P. Has used?

clevetromba

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Which tree? As all 3 of them have bends in them lol.
Ps your spruce has lots of character, perhaps you are thinking of something other than a traditional pot?, say a rock/concrete slab, similar to what W. P. Has used?
I meant image 1390 from your first post. Yes, one of the rock slabs WP uses would be really great. I just don't know where to get one.

Top Bottom