ABS Learning Seminar 2024/Michigan All-State Bonsai Show, Grand Rapids, MI, May 9-12, 2024

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Based on what was said earlier in the thread, I think if you don't plan to go to any of the presentations or anything you can get in with just a ticket to the garden to see the trees and vendor area.
Oops already paid for my girlfriend's companion ticket.

I'll be there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Leaving Saturday evening to get back to Milwaukee in time for mother's day.

hemi71cuda

Sapling
Reaction score
Based on what was said earlier in the thread, I think if you don't plan to go to any of the presentations or anything you can get in with just a ticket to the garden to see the trees and vendor area.
Yep, that’s plan B.

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
For a new talent contest, the material that will be available in this year's Joshua Roth New Talent Contest at the ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids May 9-12, 2024 is enviable. Makes me wish I'd been doing this less than 10 years. Very nice trees to show case your skills. Details and registration instructions may be found at: https://www.americanbonsaisociety.org/new-talent-contest/!!

View attachment 531414View attachment 531415
Thanks for sharing. I was wondering what they would use. Application submitted!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Don't forget that the last day for discounted registration at the 2024 ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids is tomorrow. REGISTER NOW AND SAVE! The event will take place May 9-11, 2024, Grand Rapids, MI. Details and registration information may be found at: https://www.americanbonsaisociety.org/abs-learning-seminars/IMG_1965.jpeg

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Spaces are going fast for the 2024 ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids, but plenty of workshop spots remain with excellent instructors and very high quality material. Do not miss this very special event May 9-11, 2024, Grand Rapids, MI. Details and registration information may be found at: https://www.americanbonsaisociety.org/abs-learning-seminars/

1711805919622.png

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Call for exhibitors!! Exhibition registration opens April 21st for the 2024 ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids Michigan! Don’t miss this opportunity to display your artwork with some of the most beautiful bonsai in the region. Start preparing your tree now for exhibition and register for the show anytime after April 21.

1712922526267.jpeg

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spaces are going fast for the 2024 ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids, but plenty of workshop spots remain with excellent instructors and very high quality material. Do not miss this very special event May 9-11, 2024, Grand Rapids, MI. Details and registration information may be found at: https://www.americanbonsaisociety.org/abs-learning-seminars/

View attachment 537116
I am registered! Looking forward to my first trip to MI and my first learning seminar.

takira

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'll make it thirteen! Only going on Friday and registered for morning and afternoon workshops (weirdly only got a ticket to print out for the event itself, but I'm assuming they'll just check names for the workshops) but I'll be there!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Exhibit entry is open! Register your trees today for the ABS Learning Seminar May 9-11, 2024 Grand Rapids Michigan!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Looks like a decent Bnut turnout. Unless I miscounted there's 12 nuts confirming in this thread. See you in 3 weeks. :)
I'll make it thirteen! Only going on Friday and registered for morning and afternoon workshops (weirdly only got a ticket to print out for the event itself, but I'm assuming they'll just check names for the workshops) but I'll be there!
Be sure to stop by the ABS desk and say hi! I’m easy to spot - not many 6’6” guys with a ponytail will be there, lol.

- S

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Exhibit entry is open! Register your trees today for the ABS Learning Seminar May 9-11, 2024 Grand Rapids Michigan!

Gonna throw my hat in the ring this year, I think!

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sharing a message from our West Michigan Bonsai Club Secretary Dion, who is responsible for organizing the auction:

Greetings fellow bonsai enthusiasts! As you probably know, preparations are underway for Meijer Gardens Michigan All-State Bonsai Show at Fredrik Meyer Gardens May 9 – 12, 2024.

This is shaping up to be an amazing event with many demonstrations, classes and learning seminars presented by the American Bonsai Society.

Part of the event will include fundraising through auctions. This is why I am writing to you now: please consider donating an item or item(s) that will be put up for auction at times throughout the weekend. Bonsai related items such as plants / trees, pots, tools, display paraphernalia etc. are all welcome. Proceeds from the auction will go to ABS and West Michigan Bonsai Club.

If you care to donate an item to support our bonsai community, or if you have questions, please reach out. I will reply as soon as possible to make arrangements with you. Thanks for your support!

(Please DM me with and include an email address, and I will relay the message to Dion's email inbox!)

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
For a new talent contest, the material that will be available in this year's Joshua Roth New Talent Contest at the ABS Learning Seminar in Grand Rapids May 9-12, 2024 is enviable. Makes me wish I'd been doing this less than 10 years. Very nice trees to show case your skills. Details and registration instructions may be found at: https://www.americanbonsaisociety.org/new-talent-contest/!!

View attachment 531414View attachment 531415
What size pots are these? 2 gal?

Top Bottom