Won a pot on .99 Cent Bonsai on Facebook

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Food for thought indeed! Thanks Judy I was leaning toward lotus...but wasn't quite sure...I had that crescent made for the Cherry...planning on turning it into a cascade I was considering. But, it would look pretty in this pot when in bloom...with the hints of red. Food for thought...as well as a grape bonsai vine. Is there a particular grape variety for bonsai? I have a thick old wild grape of some sort in the ravine. I followed the trail of vines to the spot where it is in the ground. I never looked closer thinking the leaves on it seemed rather...large. But, I bet it's about as thick as my wrist. Or near so...but, not sure if there is taper or what have you...I never climbed down the ravine hill to get a close inspection with the leaves seeming rather large.

Wee tree sometimes sells them bare root in the winter/early spring. I know a member of bnut (can't remember who) got one last year. I think they're a wine grape variety.

I tried one of those wild grapes once, we have many in our woods here, but it didn't last.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
......... Welcome to a new addiction...buying pots:cool:.

It is definitely an addiction and expensive. So many really talented potters are constantly tempting me and then, of course, there are the vintage Japanese and antique Chinese pots.

CityofTrees

Seedling
Reaction score
Nice purchase Darlene. I'm a member of that FB group too .99 cent bonsai and have made a few purchases off there myself, mostly pots. Nathan was selling this one right? I definitely had my eye on it but ended up going with one from Jason Turner...he makes such cool little pots. Enjoy yours, I know how it is no rush to get a plant in it just enjoy it's beauty and elegance as is for the time being :)

Garrett

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice purchase Darlene. I'm a member of that FB group too .99 cent bonsai and have made a few purchases off there myself, mostly pots. Nathan was selling this one right? I definitely had my eye on it but ended up going with one from Jason Turner...he makes such cool little pots. Enjoy yours, I know how it is no rush to get a plant in it just enjoy it's beauty and elegance as is for the time being :)

Garrett

Many nice pots on there Garrett...this one was sold by a guy named Mark.

Top Bottom