Winter has come.

Random User

Reaction score
So I was stomping' down the country roads today in my ole' beater truck and suddenly I hear this muffled bang and a loud noise... I thought I blew a U-joint on the front differential. I burped the gas and suddenly realized that the last snow bank was so hard that it knocked my muffler off.

After tossing the muffler in the box of the truck I headed home to blow snow and remove what had accumulated on the roof. The wind is so intense (40-70 Kms at times) and it had changed directions, so not only was the driveway clear, the 30cm or so, that was on the roof had been cleared off over night.

There is always a tradeoff no matter where you live, and here the tradeoff is that once it snows, like it has, 30-45 cm, there is nothing more to do until spring comes. We might not be able to have J Maples or Bald Cypress, but what we do have can overwinter under the snow provided it doesn't all melt too soon.

... now to go crawl under my truck and pound my muffler back on with the heel of my boot, then go take a look at the condition of my ice fishing shack... here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Being from one of the Rocky Mountain states originally, I sometimes miss those intense winter storms and the transformation if provides the landscape.....and the lack of winter gardening can be quite a blessing. But since I love all my Japanese maples, I'll stick with the climate of the PNW.

It all sounds very familiar man. This is me right now, ever used playdough to fix a snowblower before? First time for me. image.jpg

Oh man... I have one of those in the garage thats dead, and I have a Craftsman that I bought a couple years ago... now I wish I had a Honda.

I don't want to hurt your feelings at all Tycoss, but those used a Tecumseh engine and to be brutally honest they are a POS. First thing, the starter ALWAYS came loose and often damaged the flywheel key stock and slot, which would throw the timing out of sync... If you'r having troubles with it, the first thing I'd do is pull the recoil off and the flywheel and take a look at the key and keyway.

Too bad you're not closer to me, I'd give you a smoking deal on mine and go buy a Honda for myself... but if wishes were road apples, I'd be living in a mansion and the hired groundskeeper could shovel the walks hourly.

Oh man... I have one of those in the garage thats dead, and I have a Craftsman that I bought a couple years ago... now I wish I had a Honda.

I don't want to hurt your feelings at all Tycoss, but those used a Tecumseh engine and to be brutally honest they are a POS. First thing, the starter ALWAYS came loose and often damaged the flywheel key stock and slot, which would throw the timing out of sync... If you'r having troubles with it, the first thing I'd do is pull the recoil off and the flywheel and take a look at the key and keyway.

Too bad you're not closer to me, I'd give you a smoking deal on mine and go buy a Honda for myself... but if wishes were road apples, I'd be living in a mansion and the hired groundskeeper could shovel the walks hourly.

Tycoss is the guy between, I'm a bit further.
Doesn't hurt my feelings, shoulda heard the names I called the thing today, about once every 30 seconds or so for 6 hrs. POS is far too complimentary. Got'er going though, probably will get about half the driveway out of it before it shits the bed on me again.

Sorry Wireme, I should have checked on who I was talking to... was rushing, because I had to head to town before store closing.

You've got a better engine that I ever found with these things... I think I've had 3 different ones given to me, and another two offered to me (which I refused) and not one of them ever 'putted again.

I know $1,000.00 is a lot to put out for something that you only use a time or two each year (but for you, it might be well worth it), but if you ever get a new one (even a Craftsman one) you won't regret it.

Down here in Michigan America we have plows that go on the front of trucks to remove snow.

Down here in Michigan America we have plows that go on the front of trucks to remove snow.

Shocking

I will be happy if we get a little white for Christmas. Usually its mostly brown.

Shocking

I will be happy if we get a little white for Christmas. Usually its mostly brown.
Looks like we'll be getting some more come this weekend. I like as much as possible to insulate my trees.

Gettin chilly too, forecast for -27c (-17f) tonight. Wish we had more insulation snow by now but it will come, glad I'm mulched well.

Back
Top Bottom