Winter Bonsai 2023, Kannapolis, NC (just outside of Charlotte) December 2 & 3, 2023

I had so much going on I forgot it was this weekend, I hate I missed it. I will be prepared next year, I’m going to have to start saving money now. The hornbeam @Shogun610, I think is Gary Clark’s in waldo street pot. I could be wrong but he is on instagram and he is the hornbeam king. He has so many of them, I think he took some to sell also.
The owner of that hornbeam was not a vendor. If I remember correctly, he said he was eyeing that tree off the side of the road. They were going to do some construction, so he collected it. He did mention it was a natural raft.

The owner of that hornbeam was not a vendor. If I remember correctly, he said he was eyeing that tree off the side of the road. They were going to do some construction, so he collected it. He did mention it was a natural raft.
Yeah that is a great yamadori , the artist is not Gary Clark although he also had good hornbeams in the show.

Beautiful Displays and awesome merch., thank you for sharing photos. :) Those backgrounds were a little distracting though (the marble walls) 😅

Wow, there are some world class trees on display there. Thanks for sharing.

I took my wife and son with me. There's an under-rated burger joint/drive-in and made a stop before the show for a RIDICULOUSLY priced (CHEAP!) burger. Sitting down at the booth, not 5 minutes into our meal and who, but everyone's favorite Tesla-driving, Boon-taught, Pine-preening, wiring nazi himself sits down in front of me.

When we got to the show Adair gave a docent tour around and talked about display while picking out the trees he was predicting would win. (The cascade JBP (which looked COMPLETELY different from head-on rather than in profile), a perfect flame Ginkgo, and a scots pine (with a yew getting special attention as well).)

It was a great show. I hungout in the vendor rooms & display area mostly. Didn't catch the demos. Did anyone get before/after pics of those trees?

It is held in what is likely the most elegant location for a bonsai show - a 4 story marble lined atrium.
you weren't kidding about the beauty of the marble! really really nice, definitely on my list someday.

My apologies, I was talking about the other hornbeam. I think the raft one is pretty sweet.

good show, just wish my airbnb was more comfortable , i also felt the vendor prices were higher than usual, makes me want to vend now

I hate I couldn’t make it, it figures I would get sick this of all weekends. Looks like I missed a great show and some great wares. Thank you for the photos and picking up my buttons.
I missed you and was looking forward to seeing you. Hope you are on the mend.

I missed you and was looking forward to seeing you. Hope you are on the mend.
I am, I’m still bummed out about missing the show. I even had another little orange tube ready for you 🥸 Do you have any of your little figurines left from the show?

I am, I’m still bummed out about missing the show. I even had another little orange tube ready for you 🥸 Do you have any of your little figurines left from the show?
You're a good man. I have lots of different little brass figures. I did sell somewhere close to 50 at the show. I will list some as bin with free shipping on this site. Probably next week. I still have to unpack.

I missed the show this year, I’m super surprised that there isn’t much about how this show ended up. Haven’t seen many pics. Was it a good turn out this year. Dows anyone have any pics of the displays?

I missed the show this year, I’m super surprised that there isn’t much about how this show ended up. Haven’t seen many pics. Was it a good turn out this year. Dows anyone have any pics of the displays?
There are nice pictures on the first page. If its not enough, maybe you should have been there my friend.

There are nice pictures on the first page. If it’s not enough, maybe you should have been there my friend.
Not sure how the heck I missed all the action in the first page. I literally clicked the link after wanting to see something…… and it went to the second page. I stink!!!

Back
Top Bottom