Where to buy good Pre Bonsai in Europe?

Azz

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So, basically I am feeling much better in my abilities and now I would like to try to use better quality material. Only looking for better material with better trunks and cared for better etc than typical nursery stock, not interested in yamadori...yet (however would like to learn how to collect/where to buy).However there is no bonsai nurseries remotely close to me so I had a few questions.

Can I order decent pre bonsai online to be shipped within Europe?

Is it worth shopping things? will the plants be alive/healthy? I am in a Nordic nation.

What are the best places to buy pre bonsai from if this is possible?

What is the best time of year to buy for the health of the tree?

Thanks for any pointing in the right direction.

How far north are you? In the vendor experience part of the forum, I wrote some reviews from portuguese and spanish stores. And some non-bonsai nurseries that ship all over Europe.

How far north are you? In the vendor experience part of the forum, I wrote some reviews from portuguese and spanish stores. And some non-bonsai nurseries that ship all over Europe.
I'm in southern Finland, would it be a alright to buy from these nations?

Which species are you looking for?
Junipers, taxus, maples, spruce, pines, larch, and anything else cold hardy. Would also be up to get some other species that can be indoors for the winter when I set up lighting.

We often get to about -20c with last year the coldest being -28c. I have a glazed balcony also if that helps with any suggestions.

I'm in southern Finland, would it be a alright to buy from these nations?
That depends on your import laws. I dont know if Finland has any restrictions for EU material without a plant passport; most bonsai stores do not provide one.
Some nurseries do provide one. But again, I don't know your import laws.

Moi! I order to Sweden, boy here comes the list ;) all the nurseries below are great. Check all and choose plants you like.

The last one is in the Czech Reb and delivery was 60€, never seen anything like that before. Bad for me, I found a larch there which I wanted so badly. I love it.
From bonsai-shop I ordered a white pre bonsai pine, beautiful !

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpeg
    IMG_4860.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4017.jpeg
    IMG_4017.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 17
Moi! I order to Sweden, boy here comes the list ;) all the nurseries below are great. Check all and choose plants you like.
Welcome to the site!
Willkommen auf der Seite!
Välkommen till sidan!
Ласкаво просимо на сайт!

Welcome to the site!
Willkommen auf der Seite!
Välkommen till sidan!
Ласкаво просимо на сайт!
Wow special thank you for Ukrainian ! 🌸

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a Ukrainian name :)

I don't like to get political on this site, but I support the people of Ukraine in their fight for self-determination.
Your thoughts and support is much appreciated 🤗 happy holidays in case you celebrate

Back
Top Bottom