What's the most you have ever spent on a single tree? (finished or pre-bonsai or yamadori or raw stock)

What it the most you have ever spent on a single piece of material/tree? (results will be anonymous)

• $10,000 or more

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • $5,000 - $9,999

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • $2,000 - $4,999

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • $1,000 - $1,999

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • $500 - $999

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • $200 - $499

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • Less than $200

Votes: 88 31.9%

• Total voters

Zaratrusta

Sapling
Reaction score
Most I’ve expended is a measly 50€ for a Acer Palmatum Sangokaku material. Totally worth it 👍

RobGA

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The most I ever spent for a tree so far is 4% of what I paid for a month of health insurance. That will probably change now that I have joined this forum. 🤑🪴

Last edited:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am happy to say the trophy did NOT affect my answer to the poll!
In fact, I do not see myself investing in a 1K+ tree anytime soon. Guess I will need to empty shop a bit first.

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I am happy to say the trophy did NOT affect my answer to the poll!
In fact, I do not see myself investing in a 1K+ tree anytime soon. Guess I will need to empty shop a bit first.
From what I saw from photos of the vendor area, €1000 gets you a MUCH better tree than it would in much of the US. We’ve got some catching up to do.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
From what I saw from photos of the vendor area, €1000 gets you a MUCH better tree than it would in much of the US. We’ve got some catching up to do.
to be fair.. 1000 euro is 1080 USD ;)
THis year there wwere some insanely cheap trees. 2 stands had well below regular prices. I mean, 1200E for this pseudocydonia

1708760618932.jpeg

(Three of these came to people in my club, this one I bought for a close friend as he would only come the next day; They had 10 and all of them sold within the first half day, afaik)

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
to be fair.. 1000 euro is 1080 USD ;)
THis year there wwere some insanely cheap trees. 2 stands had well below regular prices. I mean, 1200E for this pseudocydonia

View attachment 530171

(Three of these came to people in my club, this one I bought for a close friend as he would only come the next day; They had 10 and all of them sold within the first half day, afaik)

OMG I would BEG you to sell me that tree for $3k here in a blink of an eye.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OMG I would BEG you to sell me that tree for $3k here in a blink of an eye.
Exactly. Rare as hens' teeth these sort of deals. Which is why I spent half an hour whatsapping with my friend to convince him to not wait to look at them themselves. The owner did not reserve anything. Buy = pay & take.

Some of the usually-cheap vendors from Poland were unhappy as their trees were relatively expensive.

Plaza also had a bunch of 1ft wide azaleas for under 500E.
Unheard of prices as mentioned. A friend of mine has a store & organizes workshops. He bought in an hour or so enough to fill his van & stock up his store.
I have been very tempted to take a lot more home than I did and just drop half of my collection in the bin. Still not sure I did the right thing by not loading up.

Top Bottom